Day #6 And 6am
Posted: January 2, 2019, 7:30 AM

One day at a time Wishing.
Happy sober New year - fantastic to see you doing so well. Its awesome!!!!

Had a great Christmas with family, remembered the whole day, didn't make an a** of myself and didn't fight or argue with anyone. Awesome stuff.

Oh yeah - and had a really good time!! LOL. had a night out in Sydney too, on the town dinner and a late night concert, all sober. life is good.

Its great to realise we can do normal stuff, have fun and be social without having to drink. Good on you for experiencing this too Wishing.

take care
Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.
Posted: January 11, 2019, 12:40 AM

Ty all for who's following me.

175 days today!

Love,
Wishing
Posted: January 11, 2019, 10:43 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR Wishing. Hope it will be a SOBER 2019 for you with all the perks of sobriety. You are doing awesome! You can do this.. one day at a time and remember life doesnt have to be perfect to be good. still cheering you on!

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Posted: January 15, 2019, 3:52 AM

180 days!!!!!
Posted: January 15, 2019, 9:37 PM

AWESOME! half way to the one year mark.Keep up the good work, be proud of your accomplishments and remember to keep it ONE DAY AT A TIME and NEVER forget where the booze took you. Often you have spoken about how you drink water. It reminds me of a country song. not sure if you like country music or not but am sharing a song with you that was very important to me in early recovery...

wine into water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSdze_yYeKc

--------------------
Posted: January 28, 2019, 5:17 AM

Hi everyone,

It's been a little bit since I've updated. I've been battling trying to quit smoking. This last time I lasted two weeks and I'm back smoking again... ugh..

But... I'm still sober from alcohol 193 day's!!
I'll be in the 200s in a week ;)

Love,
Wishing
Posted: January 28, 2019, 6:49 AM

Way to go Wishing! Cheering you on!!!

Are you still drinking water? I like mineral water with a slice of lime in it. Sooo refreshing in this hot weather.

--------------------

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.
Posted: January 28, 2019, 10:01 AM

Congratulations Wishing! You are doing awesome! You will beat the smoking too. I was sober for 2 years before I finally conquered the smoking battle. I had to remember that I didnt give up drinking to die from smoking. YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT. Still cheering for you and I always will for as long as you keep coming to this board. hugs....

--------------------
Posted: January 31, 2019, 4:08 AM

Hi Idgie and Pirate,

Idgie yes I still love my water. I can't go a day without it and buying 4. 24 packs every time I go shopping lol. I wish I had hot weather, right now it Is wind chill of like negative 50. Crazy cold! Pirate it's very difficult as you know to quit smoking. I totally get what you meant by did I quit drinking to die from smoking? I think you said something along those lines. I'm going to do it soon! Hugs back to you.

I love the support and friendship from you both.

Thank you!

Love Wishing
Posted: January 31, 2019, 4:24 AM

Oh and it's 196 days today :)

Love,
Wishing
Posted: February 3, 2019, 2:11 PM

Awesome Wishing! Keep on gathering up those days and strengthening your sobriety. Every day that goes by you are getting stronger and stronger and your disease is becoming less powerful.. YOU CAN DO IT... cheering you on as always!

--------------------
Posted: February 4, 2019, 5:12 AM

200 days!
Posted: February 11, 2019, 7:27 AM

Hi Wishing

Go Wishing, go wishing, go wishing!! LOL 200 days and counting.

My partner celebrates his 5 years sobriety day soon - we are looking forward to that. And then a couple more weeks and we will be getting married. Woot!!

So many great things happening thanks to being sober.

Hugs to you and keep up the good work one day at a time
Idgie

--------------------

Posted: February 13, 2019, 12:39 AM

Awe congratulations on everything :)

I'm still hanging in lol

208 days

Love,
Wishing
Posted: February 16, 2019, 8:25 PM

Congrats on staying sober wishing and Idgie congrats on your wedding. Keep on doing the good work wishing.. One day at a time and before you know it your addiction will be a bad memory...YOU GOT THIS!

This post has been edited by pirate on February 16, 2019, 8:25 PM

--------------------
Posted: February 25, 2019, 3:12 AM

221 Day's!!!!!!

love,
Wishing
Posted: February 26, 2019, 7:44 AM

You are rocking it!
We were at a meeting tonight to celebrate my partner's 5 years sober which was on sunday. And another member was 34 years sober. Such awesome stuff.

11 days to the wedding...

Wishing I love logging on and seeing your posts of success and happiness. makes my night.
Idgie

--------------------

Posted: February 26, 2019, 9:24 PM

AWESOME STUFF WISHING! As Idgie has said I love coming and seeing you post your continued sobriety. Congrats to you both... you on your sobriety and Idgie for her upcoming marriage... God is good!

--------------------
Posted: March 7, 2019, 6:43 PM

TY TY TY !!!!

Today marks 231 Day's!!!

Love,

Wishing
Posted: March 8, 2019, 7:36 PM

AWESOME! YOU ARE DOING GREAT WISHING! You make this ol girl feel happy! Keep up the good work...

--------------------
  top of page  Top