< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Your Brain On Opiates

Posted: July 18, 2005, 8:10 AM
Gina-I won last night.You must have given me some good karma.

I just hope I learn enough lessons in this life so I dont have to return.This mornings lesson is to put a smile on my face,greet these entitled, demanding,spoiled yuppies in my most upbeat voice while they insult and try and punish me with guilt."What an order"......
Well, it looks like I am returning.Maybe as a Rottweiler.LOL

--------------------
user posted image

"Sometimes the biggest catch will bite you in the a**"

Posted: July 18, 2005, 8:19 AM
Tim,

I hope I do return. I think I'd find nirvana boring. My younger son told me that next time, he's coming back as an ocelot -- sounds good to me.

put a smile on my face,greet these entitled, demanding,spoiled yuppies in my most upbeat voice while they insult and try and punish me with guilt Geez, sounds like my last teaching job. What do you do?

I'm glad you won at cards. I'm sure it was your own good karma.

Gina

Posted: July 18, 2005, 8:30 AM
Im a Landscape designer.Most of my clients are pretty cool but Im just dealing with some real difficult people right now.Remember that Seinfeldt episode where Elaine keeps going to all these Doctors for a rash? They start stamping "Difficult" on her chart and then she cant find any Doctor that will see her?.......LOL
Im thinking of getting one of those stamps.
Usually if I can get in a quite meditation before I actually have to talk to them I do o.k.
One of my prayers is"God, please help me keep my mouth shut and just listen"
I always want to trade barb for barb.It never works.You always come out looking like the bigger "a******".

--------------------
user posted image

Posted: July 18, 2005, 9:03 AM
Tim,

Gosh, I could use a landscape designer. I'll bet you don't live anywhere near NC though. Sorry about those clients (BTW, that's one of my two favorite Seinfeld episodes).

Someday you'll be so successful, you'll be able to turn the difficult people away. If you'd ever like to vent offboard about them or anything else, my email is ke_gina@hotmail.com. Would you drop me a line in any case? There's something I'd like to send you.

Have a good day. Just breathe.

Gina

Posted: July 18, 2005, 9:10 AM
Gina-Its on its way.Im leaving the house.I hope you have a great day.Later

--------------------
user posted image

Posted: July 21, 2005, 5:46 PM
bump

--------------------
/\_/\
( ~ ~ )
> * <

Posted: July 21, 2005, 9:27 PM
Hey,

I was rereading this thread. I realize that I became an addict because I'm a sexual abuse survivor. I'll always be both. It's a life sentence. But it's not a death sentence. Not anymore. I can live with that.

Love,
Gina

Posted: July 21, 2005, 11:02 PM
Tim, thank you so much for this informative post - tried to copy but would have cut off the last 4-5 letters so I copied and pasted to M'Word Word and have saved it there.
I have to tell you it kind of dissapointed me when the article read "always require"more sensation for the Dopamine." I thought, well, I never will be the same but I don't care. I feel really good now, better, much better than when I was on Lortabs. I know I'm fairly new in recovery (clean since 6/1 except for a 3 day relapse after being 12 days clean) so even with what's going on in my life right now, I am clear and I'm feeling it (thought I was feeling it too much b/c I cried so hard and couldn't stop)
I now think all of those emotions had been supressed for so long, they had to come out and thy did. I would try and make a joke around my sick brother and call myself the "town crier" He was worried about me worringing - CRAZY
That was the last thing I wanted, one of many reasons I didn't stay very long,
a heart attack patient doesn't need people camping out in his room and then I was doing that crying that I couldn't stop. I got to see him and that made me feel better - Men pls beware - my brother looks like he would be chosen from a top ten line -up of healthy men - he's nice looking, too but I'm his sister - but he really is.

MEN: Go get a little b'work done, maybe a physical. He's only 58.

Let you go. Thanks again.
Love, Jean

Anyway, I'm making extra copies for my sons b/c I have heard all of my life people who's parents are alcoholics saying "I will never drink a drop of anything"
Then turn out to be an alcoholic. My brother's friend since HS shot himself in the head and died and left a wife and 3 children. He couldn't stop the drinking and it consumed him.

Love again, Jean

Posted: July 23, 2005, 12:20 PM
Bumping this to the top for the mom....

Posted: July 23, 2005, 1:31 PM
Gina...we have something in common..don't speak on it much..for me it was an Uncle...every summer on L.I. and in between(age8-15) So, so sorry for your pain....you have emerged alovely and very smart and funny lady..I guess what doesn't kill us really does make us stronger.Never told anyone til I was 30...started therapy after first bad bout of addiction/depression Bles your soul...S.P.S. Last year I went to his funeral...I felt nothing...nothing at all...just sad.

--------------------
Live like a god, give like an angel, be a bright, beautiful, bountiful human being.

Posted: July 23, 2005, 1:35 PM
Tim....I don'treally have a lot of property...but after seeing your pic...well..I need help mulching(sad,sad, sad...the desperate hor*y middle-aged woman) You are very attractive,my dear.You can trim my bushes (note:plural) anytime. Have a great day.S

--------------------
Live like a god, give like an angel, be a bright, beautiful, bountiful human being.

Posted: July 23, 2005, 1:44 PM

Tim,

Thanks for explaining that in laymans terms, it makes so much sense.

So now I know I have 18 million kajillion gates in my head.....no wonder I can't remember anything, theres no room.

Redd

--------------------
Redd

Posted: July 24, 2005, 8:32 PM
Tim,
I just read your post, and must say that it really explained to me what I haev done to myself over the years of abusing Vicoden. Today I am clean, but stay very close to my program, my friends and the moment.

Thanks for your post...

Mike

Posted: July 27, 2005, 7:03 PM
Bump for tired of using

--------------------
user posted image

Someday soon I will be back here again!!

Posted: July 28, 2005, 9:08 AM
hey tim thankyou so much for that information! it really helped me know more about whats going on when u take pills and have an addiction! the information was great! about the dopamine in ur brain and stuff, i never knew that info!
take care

This post has been edited by elvis on July 28, 2005, 9:08 AM

--------------------
Im a Female.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" 'Brandon Lee" (1965-1993) r.i.p

Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:47 PM
BUMP FOR SUNSHINE/TRACY

--------------------
The dreams of my future, have no room for the devistation of my past.

Posted: August 19, 2005, 9:25 AM
bump for leecee

Posted: August 19, 2005, 10:25 AM
Great info...thanks!

Mods: can we get a "printer friendly" option? Maybe that was already discussed several weeks ago when your were soliciting feedback for changes/enhancements to the site...sorry, but for the past 7 weeks or so my mind has been actively testing all this brain stuff Tim writes about here. I'm not too sharp just yet.

Jim

--------------------
I recently moved into a new apartment, and there was this switch on the wall that didn't do anything...so anytime I had nothing to do, I'd just flick that switch up and down...up and down...up and down....Then one day I got a letter from a woman in Germany...it just said, "Cut it out."

alkaline6@hotmail.com

Posted: August 20, 2005, 7:30 PM
Bump for Jrewing

--------------------
user posted image

Someday soon I will be back here again!!

Posted: August 21, 2005, 7:14 AM
I think I know the answer to this, but does sub close the receptors? I think I remember reading that it gives the receptors time to heal....

I am so tired of knowing this informaiton first hand....my brain feels like it isn't my own.
Kerry

--------------------
emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds ~Bob Marley

post replypost new topic