< prev  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper Experience
Overfifty

Posted: December 18, 2016, 11:45 AM
Congratulations Jason. Your journey is amazing. All we can do is take it one day at a time. Happy holidays....peace
Jason

Posted: December 21, 2016, 9:51 AM
0mg's and clean from everything...

I can't believe I'm sleeping all night. I don't even get up for the bathroom anymore. I wake at 5am on the nose every morning with no alarm. I'm so grateful methadone and sub's are over for me.

I had cravings the day before yesterday for H. But, I prayed and really thought it through. I didn't follow my old impulsive ways and it went away. I was also pretty hungry so I have to remember the hungry, lonely, angry, and tired thing. HALT!

One day at a time makes so much since to me now. I mentioned it earlier recently, but it's important because it's all I can do is today.

I'm so grateful I got off!!!!!!!!
Jason

Posted: December 28, 2016, 11:30 AM
Totally clean

Yesterday was my best day yet. I was busy all day and had energy all day long. I slept 8 solid hours last night. I felt good and was excited about doing my day. It's like I don't even think about subutex or methadone anymore, it's just over now.

I met with my new sponsor from AA yesterday at noon. We hit a meeting and then read through some of the book and talked also. I'm going to AA a lot, working out, start relapse prevention today... I've been hitting church on Sundays and praying also.

I can't believe how long I was on Methadone and then Subutex! I was trapped and wanted off for so long. It finally has happened and I feel like me again. For me they both stole away so much of what life is about. I didn't realize it at first, but over time it became very apparent.

I hope that anyone who is fighting this fight doesn't give up. It may take a few failures, but it's possible. Of course, im still in the fight and it will be a daily thing for the rest of my life. I have to keep my hands up and be ready for those blows that come my way and not use. But, it's not an all day thing and not even everyday do I have to fight so hard. My sponsor who knows all about doping has 8 years clean. He doesn't even think about it seriously anymore and mostly only thinks of drinking and drugging at AA meetings getting reminded of what suffering active addiction really is.
Jason

Posted: January 3, 2017, 8:47 PM
It's going great and I can't explain how much better life feels now. I feel, I have motivation, I'm busy, I laugh a lot, I could go on and on... I can't believe how long I was hooked on government dope and locked in liquid handcuffs,
Jason

Posted: April 12, 2017, 8:49 PM
0mg's off everything...

I still can't explain how grateful I am today. Being off the high powered long acting opiates has been the best decision I've ever made. It was not easy. Every person who has successfully done it they are strong!

God bless everyone

Posted: April 13, 2017, 2:47 PM
Jason - so glad you have been able to taper AND feel so good about yourself. I am grateful that you have shared your process!
Jason

Posted: May 28, 2017, 9:06 AM
0mg's and clean

Thank you for the kind comment. I'm doing great and staying clean. I'm going to AA meetings, golfing, working out, working full-time and have friends.

NO MORE SWEATING!!!!! I love music and get into it all the time. I feel emotions again so much and it's wonderful. One thing about these drugs is that they stole me away. I mean I'm back to the old me that enjoys life. I laugh and have motivation again. I didn't realize how much the drug was affecting me. I don't even think about it anymore. I mean I use to think about going to clinic and it was a big part of my life and now it's not and I feel free. It can be done and I would have to say its the wisest thing I have ever done. I knew the therapy was not right for me. I support anyone who is on them. I don't judge, but I had lied to myself for a long time. Meaning I was convincing myself that it was a good thing.
post replypost new topic