< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper

Posted: November 22, 2016, 5:02 PM
..B ..taking shower without flinching....water ...ya...ugh...lol...true that...ya B...every time I pick up...I got a rattle to put down...sometimes it's not a big deal...and sometimes. ..like the last one...it sucks and is hard ...I don't know. ..depending upon how long and how much I'm using...and how bad I'm hurt...I'll use whatever gets me through the worst of it...sometimes just asprin or codien.. .sometimes morphine. ..and sometimes nothing helps but time...I've got doxipine and a bit if methadone stashed in case it gets too messed up...legs drive me crazy...skin crawling and monkey screaming...fun times some days...I try not to catch a big habit so the rattle isn't nightmare level...but...well...sometimes I just lose track...I've detoxed so often in the last 8 months off everything I gotta wonder why I just don't stop or keep using...it's ...ya..well...a junkies life....not scared of the rattle unless I've been using more than 6 months to a year straight...then....ya...can be frightening. ..did I answer this right ? Still fighting pneumonia here...and not winning at the moment. ..not tracking as well as I should...

Overfifty...good luck lady...you got this....

This post has been edited by constantine on November 22, 2016, 5:13 PM
Overfifty

Posted: November 24, 2016, 8:03 AM
Doing great so far. Yesterday I took a ,5 klonapin clonadine nauseamedicine and smoked weed. Moving slower but everything is fine. I have an appetite and sleep.

Posted: November 24, 2016, 9:12 AM
great , I am glad its going well. Every "positive" story gives me hope I wont have to deal with nightmare withdrawals one day when i decide to lay off methadone

Posted: November 24, 2016, 11:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. Yesterday I took a .5 klonapin, clonadine nausea medication and smoked weed. I slept and have an appetite. This morning doing fine. Took a .5 klonapin clonadine nausea medication and smoked. I move slow but feel good.

Posted: November 24, 2016, 2:53 PM
Good news !! Glad it's going well so far ! Wishing you a happy turkey day back !

Posted: November 25, 2016, 8:15 AM
Well I made it another day clean from methadone.yedterday I took a .5 klonapin clonadine nausea medicine. Before bed took a Zanax and I slept. I have had a appetite and sleeping. I have zero cravings just a bit slow moving but very doable.

Posted: November 26, 2016, 10:06 AM
W ell it's my fourth day. I took a clonidine nausea medicine 1. Of zanax smokee green during the day. I have an appetite and sleep. I am super happy that things are going real smoothly. My taper was low and real slow. I take an antidepressant mood stabilizer which I believe is helping my brain too. I move slow but can sit still. My last dose was 1. Or so but stayed at 2.5 for awhile. My highest dose a was 30 ml. Over four years. I am doing so good. I have no cravings and really am able to function. I am calm not irritable. This is different than any other jump I have done..

Posted: November 26, 2016, 6:05 PM
happy for you :) as I said it gives m,e hope I can do the same when i am ready, I am on 40 mills for last 4 years actually i am 35 now lol keep forgetting I am coming down next month another 5 but i know it wont be problem till I get to 15 mills then I am to take very slowly as well . Do you think its weed that helped you most?

Posted: November 26, 2016, 6:29 PM
I think weed helps so much. But the clonadine nausea medication and klonapin help so much too. I think they compliment each other. But yeah weed helps a lot. I can't believe I am on day four and all I am is slow moving. Your tapering slow too that's great. I didn't feel the drops except when I was at 20ml. And dropped to ten. I experienced withdrawal stayed there till I stabilized then went to .5 then 2.5 then 1 or so. Then jumped woo hoo. I smoke indica only because it has more of a calming effect .

Posted: November 26, 2016, 8:44 PM
I find smoking weed helps me sleeping, helps my cravings ... keeps my mood in check so i don't have those nasty mood swings . I consider weed natural remedies and wot even discuss possibility of stopping. Absolutely no need for me to stop , been smoking for long time I think I was 16, 17 year old now I am 45 and its been my constant companion lol if only I stack with weed only

Posted: November 27, 2016, 9:18 AM
Day 5 already. Just woke up and having coffee. I move slow but other than that I feel good. Nothing is the matter. Today is a good day.

Posted: November 27, 2016, 8:59 PM
I am soooo happy you are feeling well! There is nothing worse than that inner "jumpiness" that I know I usually feel when in withdrawal! You mentioned you were able to sleep and that is fabulous!!! Sleep is so important, not just for the body, but for the mind, too!

Great job! Sending you a virtual pat on the back and a cyber ((HUG)))

Posted: November 28, 2016, 8:15 AM
Thank you lollidee. Today is day 6 and I just woke up from eight hours sleep. I am up before dawn. When I detox I sleep when I am tired sometimes like today I am up super early. I am doing very well IMO. I have low energy and getting up from a sitting position takes some effort. I haven't really done much except relax during this. Today I am going to take a shower and straighten up my house. I spent so much time worrying about withdrawing from methadone that I made myself afraid to try it. All the horror stories. I am proof that it can be done painlessly for the most part. I work with a doctor and a psychiatrist for the medicine that I used to withdrawl. I believe that this made a big difference in having a comfortable time for me. I would not presume to think this is over. I am just taking it one day at a time.

Posted: November 28, 2016, 8:17 AM
great :) exatcly all the horror stories probably stops mant from trying ... i really glad you found us and shared your experince so people an see its possibile... thank you

Posted: November 28, 2016, 8:48 AM
Thank you Bonnie5. I am stoked that I am doing so well. Even my emotions aren't all over the place. No crying except the first day cause I was scared. This is the easily the best detox I have done at home.

Posted: November 29, 2016, 8:19 AM
Well today is day seven. I just got up after sleeping ten hours. This is so cool that my detox is going so smoothly. I went low and slow.

Posted: November 30, 2016, 9:17 AM
Well today is day eight. I just have been lying in my bed contiplating getting up. I am so grateful I feel good. I have low energy but other than that everything is fine. I have zero cravings. I feel my taper and detox were done right for me.

Posted: December 1, 2016, 9:36 AM
Today is day nine and I feel just fine. Lol resumed my usual routine yesterday was a bit low in energy. I am at my daughters house and the grandkids keep me on my toes. Everything is done so much slower though. My pain is more noticeable. I am not irritable just tire easily. So grateful I can sleep and eat. My brain isn't fuzzy either.

Posted: December 2, 2016, 8:38 AM
Today is day ten. I woke up kinda early. I can't believe I don't take methadone anymore and I feel good. I am up functioning and interacting with my grandkids. I don't sweat I have no stomach or bathroom issues. I don't cry off the hat. This has been an easy detox.

Posted: December 2, 2016, 10:55 AM
well done :) I would say now is safe to think you are over all methadone issue ! People saying sometimes you are fine for 4,5 days and only then you get to withdrawal but you are day 10 so its over ... great news for everybody who is thinking to stop! Thanks !
post replypost new topic