< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
I Can't Stop Smoking Marijuana!!

Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:10 AM
Hey Daniel. I'm Ed. I smoked pot off and on for years but what got me in big trouble were other drugs. But, ya know, I do understand the Help Me Quit part! An addict is a person who sacrifices every good thing in life for a drug. It is hard when we first look in the mirror and say I am an addict, because we feel so alone sad and helpless, right? I could NOT STOP my drug until my car job house money and half my posessions were gone, 10 rehabs. People told me 'you know you dont have to keep using. That didnt help. I couldnt stop until there was nothing and I was headed to be homeless. Then I bravely decided to go to AA/NA and talk to people, engage with people and ask someone to be my guide in recovery. Then I forced myself to do what they recommended. I never 'felt like it'. But I acted. In the fellowship I was not alone and found glimpses of hope -- if they got off the drugs I could too. So can you !

This post has been edited by A2Townie2 on January 28, 2015, 5:12 AM
Daniel

Posted: January 29, 2015, 3:22 AM
Thanks Ed!

But one problem I have is just saying no. Whenever the opportunity came knocking I would smoke. Does anyone have any advice on how to just say no? I have attempted to quit multiple times before and I'd be clean for a couple days, sometimes weeks, but when somebody would offer it to me I would lose all my progress and be back at the start. Any advice?

Posted: January 29, 2015, 1:49 PM
There is a load of support out there re quitting, but here's my opinion...

The first real step is acknowledging the fact that you want to quit. Take the accident you had as a real wake up call and acknowledge that cannabis has had its place in your life and it is time to move on. Your life will feel way more productive and you will have a much clearer mind in the coming years after you quit, believe me. There is a lot more I could say but quitting is definitely for the best.

If you do quit it will most likely be very hard at first. Use this to help you understand some things post quitting: http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=21&t=75644

Posted: January 29, 2015, 1:58 PM
Here is what Narcotics Anonymous says about quitting. This is their advice:

http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

If someone can walk away from their addiction and live happily then do it.
I'm sure that we all would have done that before now if all we needed was self-will.

If, in the end, you find you can't walk away then NA will be just what the doctor ordered.
NA & AA have worked for millions of us addict/alcoholics. Why not give it an honest try ....

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Emil

Posted: February 24, 2015, 2:44 AM
No one should have to lose a relationship due to weed. I've been in the marijuana trap myself and while it ain't pretty, there is a way out through determination and detox. The reason it's so hard to quit is the withdrawal symptoms that keeps you coming back for more in order to not feel so bad. Sometimes it's hard to explain since it isn't always a "bad" feeling per say, but a feeling that something is lacking. I would add to it that before starting detox to cut down on your consumption gradually bit by bit instead of cold turkey.

This post has been edited by moderator on February 24, 2015, 8:54 AM
Pete

Posted: February 25, 2015, 8:16 PM
hello, everyone!
I never post anything so here it goes here...
I basically smoked weed my whole teenage life and then suddenly stopped simple because believe it or not I couldn't get it! now in my forties last year I met with someone who turn me on to weed. It was such a great euphoric high that I wanted to get my hands on some routinely. Then it happened...I found someone who could get it for me. Then I got high every single day. After work I would run home and get high. I was hooked. Stupid morons say pot is not addictive...yeah it is!!
I am a professional person and very active. I can tell you when I started smoking every day, I started getting lazy, just wanted to get high. my projects began to suffer.
moving fast forward...two weeks ago now I made up my mind ( after smoking for nearly 8 months straight) I was to quit and get my life back.
now I am two week clean and I feel great. I am having does crazy vivid dreams so it is true what they say and I am a bit insomniac but hey I work up last night so I read a book for an hour.
I recommend staying away from coffee and just continue doing everything else and more!
My mind is clearer than ever and I am happy that I am convince I can live again without that crap.

Posted: March 6, 2015, 4:54 AM
Have you tried to seek for a professional help?
alex

Posted: March 6, 2015, 5:13 AM
the past 4 years have been the worst..unfortunately i just realized that when i decided to give up pot. every rnight after work all i thought about right after getting off was hitting that pipe, joint, blunt..etc. what made it worst was denial. no one in my life knew that i was a constant smoker, which i now realize made me ashamed of myself for being such a hypocrite. its all now rushing through my mind, the procrastination, the lies, the irresponsibility and most of all the damage I've done to my lungs. as pot smoker you never admit your addiction until you decide to quit. now its been only 3 weeks but I'm feeling more confident, healthier and a lot more productive. one thing i used to tell myself, and this was just to justify my use, is oh how many people in the us smoke oh I've never heard of someone doing something crazy as a result of getting high and on and on. the guys i went to high school with are finished with their bachelor degrees and me ? pot has made me circle the same direction for 4 n half years. did not change on thing. same lame minimum wage job, same struggle with attending community college classes for certain times of the year. the night i decided to quit i was high, i wont lie, i sat in my car for about an hour thinking of what have a done with my life so far as a 24 year old man? shockingly nothing..the thoughts tore me up. the ache was indescribable. thinking of all the people i loved i used to avoid so they won't notice me high. all the family members i stopped talking too because i knew that they don't approve of what I'm doing, if they ever found out. I've read some of the posts on this blog and they did inspire me to push forward and never look back. god bless you all and help every person in need of his help to break free...
Brandon

Posted: March 8, 2015, 2:26 AM
Hey my name is brandon im curently incarceted im ga. i cant st0p makin weed like everytime i d0 it i feel guilty i keep letin my self down but that h0w i want t0 be all that time high ive been since 15 n0w im 23 i haven st0p yet i try t0 st0p f0r few day but i always give what sh0uld id0?
Marie

Posted: March 9, 2015, 2:16 AM
All of your stories are heartwarming. Here I sit, smoking my pot, taking fat tokes from my glorious multi perk bong, getting high and not being productive. That was until, of course, I read these posts. Now I realize how wasted my life is. I'm going to turn over a new leaf. Thank you guys. And thank Jesus, our lord and saviour, for bringing me to this page at just the right time. God really does work in mysterious ways.

Posted: March 11, 2015, 11:36 AM
i have the same problem with marijuana. been smoking it for 40 years, have been dry now for 5 days. it's not hard for me to stop, done it a thousand times. and i can keep not smoking it, but I want it ALL the time. it is so tempting every day to call my friend and get it, lives close, cheaper than $100 a lid, etc. I just love the calm it gives me. of course, when I have it, guess what I do? sit around all day doing nothing and LOVING it! yes important things get done, bills paid, meals cooked, go to the bathroom (ha ha!), but sitting all day ... ahhhhhh ... such peace.
i started smoking pot for fun, then the older i got and life sucked more and more, i leaned on it, it became my peace the minute i walked in the door every day ... I couldn't WAIT to get home!
since i've gotten way older now tho' and have smoked cigarettes as well for 46 years, I have COPD. Marijuana alone can cause COPD if you smoke it long enough, just like cigarettes. i was in the hospital for respiratory failure 10 months ago and presently just got off a 2 month binge. yes, its nuts because its an addiction. i'm the kind that can smoke 5 joints a day starting with my morning coffee. i'd be running to get a lid every 5 days. i love the crap so much, just like cigarettes, guess i have a death wish.
but since i have retired, money's tighter, and that helps. i was spending $320 a month on pot and $500 on cigarettes (today's prices). i'm not rich, mind you, and i live very frugally, but it still costs too much being retired.
don't know what my point is here except to let you know i've been pot-free for 5 days and i just found this website and couldn't believe i was reading good honest info from real people. that sure helps!
i'll be back too. i'll let you know when i fall and i'll let you know if i don't fall. thank you for reading this, it feels wonderful to talk about it Honestly.
Pete

Posted: March 28, 2015, 6:32 PM
Hello again I stopped by once again to see if anyone posted after me.
Here is my update! I am still clean from pot since that last post and I am done with it!
Ha! I don't even think of it anymore!!
How did I do it? well I actually found that pot is a lie to you body and mind. You can get a way better feeling by just doing things you love. My projects are back and I am now getting high from life. No more guilt, no more feeling like I am having a heart attack and no more forgetting stuff! why the hell I wanted to smoke that s*** is beyond me except to say that it does have a center feeling about it and that is the addition. but believe me you can get that if you find something to do! I am fortunate that I found something that I absolutely love to do. Find it and you will be free. And forget that Jesus crap unless you become a real fanatic, then that might help as well!
Good luck!
scouseman

Posted: June 5, 2015, 8:36 AM
My girl tried to use this sort if pressure against me but I told her I cant quit under these conditions and any promises to this eeffect is an instant lie so its a promise I know I can't so I cant make. We still together all though I want to stop but cant I find when I try I get angry and take it out on them close to me and pushing them away until the point I crack and go back to it. Normally out of fear of letting my little girl see it when I pick her up and im so scared I dont know what to do I creat so much pressure generated through fear and anger I feel lost at times.
deez nuts

Posted: June 9, 2015, 11:21 AM
idk
Tom

Posted: June 30, 2015, 5:10 PM
If it makes you feel any better I've been addicted to heroin and managed to give that up once by cold turkey and another on a short detox pretty much resulting in cold turkey just delayed. However I cannot seem to stop smoking weed. When I got clean from heroin the last time and final time hopefully, I threw a 100 pounds (UK) vaporiser in the bin and flushed a half Oz of weed down the toilet, yet two months later I'm back on the weed.

I'm very afraid as I do not want to go back to heroin addiction. I almost died on my last relapse.

I can't seem to help but smoke weed.

I'm in a 12 step program and even that won't stop me. I no longer no what to do.
Lisa

Posted: July 10, 2015, 10:46 PM
I am 40 years old and i have been smoking for 10 years. I am only happy when i smoke. When I'm not able to smoke, i just think about after work when i know i can. I never really wanted to quit but i can't afford. I have a car that is about to s*** the bed, and i live paycheck to paycheck. I spend $110 a week. I've been known to call the phone company or cable and told them I'd pay next week so i could buy a bag. I don't know what it's like to live sober and with a clear head. I'm always tired. I'm sure it's gonna suck but I'm quitting cold turkey on Monday
Rich

Posted: July 19, 2015, 6:00 PM
Hello I just recently graduated college with a 4.0 and I believe my reason for success was weed. I am 5 days clean and I have been smoking for 9 years. I was able to ace every test HIGH. I now know every high end job needs hair tests. I need to be real this I get so board and just give in. I almost did today. I know I need to get rid of the people in my life that cause it but it's my family. What to do what to do I really like this cite and I feel with help and time I will have more money and sanity. I need helpwww.addictionrecoveryguide.org
sb

Posted: July 28, 2015, 11:49 PM
I feel weed is not helping me anymore. I've been smoking every day for the past 18 years. I feel like I'm lost in the weeds. I do things out of habit. Weed has been giving me anxiety the past few years and I've been questioning the benefits. I'm sitting outside about to light up even though ive made it all day. i don't want to but i just ate dinner and like i said habitually i puff after i eat. I would probably feel good but I've always said i puff for my anger. as i look back over the years pot doesn't really help. maybe if i had a pot button and was instantly stoned every time sometime happened that would work. but in reality it doesn't work like that. I'm starting to think its making it worse.

Posted: August 3, 2015, 12:32 AM
There are many medical problems associated with marijuana usage, Don’t use it. I know it’s hard to quit this weed since it’s too addictive. You can think of activities that makes you happy and have fun without drugs. I think, if you have enough confidence and willing power, you can easily quit this habit. In your case, you have an urge to quit it and know the reason why you are addicted to it. This desire to overcome the addiction is important for a recovery process. Be prepared for the withdrawal and make a plan to get rid of this habit. If you can’t do it by yourself, then seek the help of an addiction treatment center. My brother had sought the help of Edgewood health network in Toronto for the withdrawal of codeine. that was very effective. An addiction center can suggest you good techniques to get rid of weeds. All the tools and resources needed for a recovery will be provided by them.

Lovebird2234

Posted: August 15, 2015, 6:42 PM
Hi I'm mica and I have only been smoking weed for about 5 months and I have tried to stop but I'm always around people that smoke and peer pressure always drag me in and then I'm high all over again! Before I started smoking weed I had a great job at a nursing home working as a CNA... I have a 3 year old boy that has to look up to me and a really GREAT friend that I'm so close to losing if I dont change my lifestyle! I wanna get back on track but everytime I try its like the marijuana drags me back in and I know its a mental thing but geesh its so addicting after you start! Somebody please help me!!
post replypost new topic