Crisis Update
Posted: January 25, 2020, 11:55 AM

If they just went to work and/or school and were responsible for themselves, they could live with us, no problem.... trouble is that they don't want to. It is complicated! We can all see examples of those who have dug themselves out of the addiction cycle. It takes determination and the want to work on yourself. we can see that in those who succeed.

a common personality trait we have seen in addiction is that sometimes they don't have a passion for something that out weighs the want to get high. some do find something and it changes their life. People live all kinds of life-styles and make it work. idk why our addicted loved ones cant make something work for them.... just boils down to the addiction. time and $ spent wasted on nothing. I feel sad that my son has wasted many years and has only a duffle bag of clothes and boxes of childhood memories.

Another learning experience for me! Time to dust off, put up the boundaries, stop wasting my time, and focus on me!

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on January 26, 2020, 9:17 AM
Posted: January 26, 2020, 9:45 PM

Silly me I forgot to buckle up for the roller coaster ride! Wheeee!

We plummeted down the hill a few days ago, now we are slowly inching our way up the next hill...
my son called. he has been in a shelter at night and participating in low income, homeless programs that will find housing and jobs. the good news 1. I now believe he does have the part time job. 2. the housing program was able to put him in a hotel room to live in starting today. in a few months he will be eligible for a housing voucher that will help pay for rent. 3. the hotel is near a strip of stores - home depot, target - that he will see if he can get part time job there. He will also do the uber deliveries when he can. 4. he already sounds better.
Posted: January 29, 2020, 12:46 AM

I hope he continues to do well NTF....it is an up and down. Sometimes things seem somewhat going in the right direction then chaos strikes (in my experience with my daughter). Their thought processes and points of reference are skewed due to the drugs and their stunted maturity. It's very sad to me to watch the deterioration process of my daughter. As time goes by, for her, it's gotten worse and worse. I'm not trying to be depressing, it's the reality of her addiction, as hard as I wish it wasn't.
Posted: February 2, 2020, 6:15 PM

Sallyanna your right. My sons environment is filled w ups and downs. Similar to your daughters situation a few months ago... she had an apartment and somewhat of a job. Then, gone in a blink. My son now has a part time job at a recovery center. Small paycheck but enough to pay phone and more than he has had in 3 months. He was able to move to a ‘homeless’ hotel... but it is an hour from his job on public transportation. And he has an old room mate with awful hygiene and health problems. He got his first pay check... I heard from him on pay day... excited! Now I hear nothing... I plan to not answer my phone this week.

His job is a 3 month internship. Then maybe permanent. He said there are 5 of them in an internship. He thinks he will get the permanent job bc they like him so much... but what he doesn’t realize is that someone is watching... being in that business I’m sure nothing goes unnoticed. Too tired one day, too energized the next, lateness... I don’t think he understand that people see what’s going on. You can tell if a person is genuine. It is sad, I hope he does not think he can live on the fence, half in, half out but that is what he has been doing for years, so I will be happy if something changes.. but not surprised if ‘all of a sudden, for no reason of his own doing ‘ looses the job, disappointed. The shame is that he does not seem to see how long it took him to get to this point. I wish I wasn’t thinking this way!!

How is your daughter doing?

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on February 2, 2020, 6:27 PM
Posted: February 2, 2020, 7:37 PM

She's not doing well...we talk twice a week or so and I just cringe when I talk to her. I have found a place for her to go for help and it won't cost her anything. She lost her health insurance now too with everything else. She's "thinking about it". Right now she's living with really shady people and rats. I'd be running to this place that wants to help me and "she wants to think about it", now for 3 months.....
  top of page  Top