post replypost new topic
Dose Not Kicking In.
Aaron

Posted: August 3, 2021, 10:12 AM
i take 95 mg methadone every morning at 7am, on empty stomach, before taking food or beverage and spend an hour reading after itake dose, until ican feel it "kick in". ihave been doing this exact routine every day for 3 years. normally i can feel my dose kick in after 60 minutes and it normally"feels" the same every day. HOWEVER, from time to time (every couple months) idon't feel the dose take effect, as if ihad taken aplacebo (which ihaven't, bc my doses come from a reputable clinic. also, i live alone, and keep my doses in alock box with the key hidden, so i know no one is tampering or stealing my dose. besides, this occurs occasionally when iam dosed direct at the clinic while iwait for my take home doses. ). every few months or weeks iexperience afew days to aweek or two where the dose doesn't feel like ieven took the dose (sometimes it takes weak effect after 3 hours of waiting. I can't figure out why?! I even asked myself if a corrupt staff member is diverting my dose, but not only is that next to impossible to pull off at this clinic, but i am not experiencing withdrawal, just a total lack of sensation that the methadone has taken its effect. that leaves me assuming that my body isn't absorbing it correctly?? I've also wondering if ihave become too tolerant of it but eventually, after aweek or two, i am back to feeling the dose take its full effect, within 60 minutes of taking the dose. (btw, i take it in liquid form, and put the dose in 4oz of luke warm water). Any one out there experience this? anyone know what this is allabout or how to make it so ino longer go through periods where I'm not feeling it's initial effect? thank you.

Posted: February 11, 2023, 8:06 PM
I have a ritual when I take my methadone dose also. I put my headphones in, listen to music and "play" on the computer for 2-3 hours a day. I have been doing this for 9 years now. It's a real pain in the a**! I schedule my day around this whole ritual. If I gotta be somewhere at 7am I wake up at 3am to do my ritual. I have experienced not feeling my dose kick in too! But I've also felt it kick in sooner or feel more of an effect too! If I don't get much sleep or no sleep at all I feel the methadone quicker and more intense. I take my Methadone on an empty stomach as well so if someone invites me out to eat I have to make sure I have enough time to take my methadone and have enough time after taking it so I dont waste my dose cuz as soon as I eat or if I take a nap the methadone is gone and I'll start going into withdrawal! Methadone really takes over your whole Life, gotta plan everyday around my Methadone dose! It really sucks!
post replypost new topic