post replypost new topic
Tapering For Newbies

Posted: July 12, 2020, 7:19 PM
Hello there. I am a woman in her late 30s.
I have been on Methadone since March 2018. I reached 120 ml that following May and did not need to go any further.
Now, since I began tapering in Jan 2019, I am now at 84 MLS.
but l can't find much information on tapering, in terms of personal experience, how much some can handle and how they handle it and details...like their diet, any exercise, and whether or not they are tapering with carries at home or if they are tapering while still on witnessed ingestion at their dispensary or pharmacy.
Please anyone reading this, wishing to share their experiences, related to tapering, successful or not, I would very much appreciate the insight, and willing to accept Private messages VIA email if you rather NOT share in a public chat forum.

Posted: July 15, 2020, 4:05 PM
I tapered very slowly and exercising everyday was a big factor for me. It helped me physically and emotionally. I drank a lot of water everyday and tried to eat healthy. If I had to to do it all over I would eat extremely healthy food. I am now almost 5 years off methadone and still exercise 4-5 days per week.

However for me the only thing that got me through this was Jesus!!! He gave me the strength and the courage to fight everyday.
EastCoastHfx

Posted: July 22, 2020, 10:57 AM
Im interested in the details of how MUCH you tapered, how often and (if you experimented with different dosage drops) for example I started my first drop at 2ml, and did not attempt a larger decrease until about a year later when I tried a ten ml drop from 89 to 79ml, found the withdrawal too early and the intensity too much, so I called my clinic and spoke with a doctor to adjust my dose back up 5 ml to 84ml before I biked in that day to pick up my carries for the week.
I have tred 3 ml and 4ml drops as well.

EastCoastHfx

Posted: July 22, 2020, 11:19 AM
also, yes, I exercise every day, I was always a very active person almost all of my life. after starting treatment, I slowly began putting more and more time each day towards personal self-care, mental and physical health. It took about 6 months to build myself up...now-I have been running a minimum of 6-10 km each day since February and March this year. eventually, I expanded on my activities....practicing yoga and plenty of stretching, and I own a weight bench with plenty of weights, barbells, dumbells, and a chin-up bar that I use in my bdrm doorway.
I am a clean eater, I eat plenty of veggies, Especially spinach and broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel s^prouts, Chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, almond milk, greek yogurts, vitamins, etc, fish and chicken, and at least a cup of blueberries every day because they are packed full of antioxidants, those with a scoop of my protein powder mixed with just water or any other fruit or kale, spinach for my smoothies...tasty and healthy
Oh another AMAZING discovery I made, was taking magnesium Biglysinate. (NOT regular Magnesium, this is COMPLETELY different.)It helps with stomach cramps, and I have been told that with Methadone this can often be the case for some patients. So taking a Magnesium Biglysinate about an hour before you go to bed, makes me feel SOOOO much better in the mornings, (because waking up sick, is always a s***ty feeling, even after months, even years of sobriety.)but yeah, I HIGHLY suggest giving it a try if anyone is still on Methadone, Maintenence Therapy
post replypost new topic