post replypost new topic
Alex Starting Taper

Posted: February 21, 2019, 9:55 AM
Hi, My names Alex, i have been on methadone since 5/12/16. I went up to 90 mgs but have been decreasing for about a year and have gotten down to 50 mgs. I had been just decreasing 5 milligrams every so often to get to where my dose is now, but I am about to start a real taper. My taper begins tomorrow, and will be a 3mg decrease every 2 weeks. So I will go down to 47 tomorrow.

I have started working out again, I know that is extremely important. I suppose I will come on here periodically to post about how I'm doing and ask for support, but any tips or suggestions in the meantime would be greatly appreciated as well.

Posted: February 21, 2019, 7:02 PM
alo 1455 - working out is huge, trust me go everyday if you can. Drink a ton of water like 8-10 bottles per day and eat healthy!!!

Randomperson

Posted: February 22, 2019, 12:43 AM
Hi Alex welcome! You’ve come to the right place for tapering. This board was a huge help to me. It sounds like you are on the right track with a good plan in place. Reducing 3mg every other week should be fine. My only advice would be that if you start to notice any withdrawal symptoms hold your current dose until they fade and then start to drop again. I didn’t have any symptoms until I got down to 15mg and then I just stayed at my dose longer before I dropped again. So it basically took me 5 months to go from 15 to 0 but I do not regret taking my time. When I finally jumped I had anxiety and insomnia for a time but nothing too bad. I didn’t get rls but I did leg aches for about a week and that sucked but I have been off for 14 months tomorrow and let me just say..........it feels awesome!😁. You can do this if you really want it. You haven’t been on it that long and your dose was under a 100 so you should do well. Like mojo says exercise, eat healthy and drink lots of water. Also vitamin D helps with energy and a good multi vitamin. And most importantly determination and support! You will get lots of support here so post and if you need help let us know. We’ve certainly been there. Good luck and keep us posted.🙂💕

@overfifty good evening I hope you’re doing well. Check in when you can. Peace
post replypost new topic