post replypost new topic
Boyfriend Has No Sexual Desire
Erica

Posted: February 4, 2019, 12:40 PM
Boyfriend was on methadone for approx 2 years. Tapered off in Nov 2018.
During treatment he had little to no sex drive. Now, February 2019 and 3 months post treatment nothing has changed. He doesn't even try and says it doesn't cross his mind. Anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions? Maybe a ray of hope?
November2017

Posted: February 4, 2019, 4:29 PM
I started at my local Methadone clinic in 2017 I am now tapering slowly. I went from 130 to right now I am on 50 and still going. My husband started about 6 months after I did. He completely lost his sex drive it was absolutely non existent. I ask about it due to him being to embarrassed it is actually a very common side affect for men who are on methadone. I was told by the doctor that most men have this issue she said that he could take something over the counter I cannot remember what she told me because we never purchased anything. After a while maybe 4 months of him being on it things started to get better. He is also tapering and and now is having no issue with it anymore I would say he needs to speak to his counselor or doctor if he goes to a methadone clinic.

Posted: February 8, 2019, 5:30 AM
Opioids, including methadone, are known to lower testosterone in men. Not only is testosterone necessary for libido, lack of it can also cause anxiety and depression. There is no need to suffer! A trip to his primary care doctor for bloodwork and treatment will help. Even after a long period of abstinence from opiates, testosterone may not bounce back on its own. Definitely see a doctor. Low T is easily treated!!!
Erica

Posted: February 11, 2019, 11:52 AM
thank you for your replies.... I think maybe it's time to set pride aside and go see his pcp. the methadone clinic said they won't do anything since he is no longer their patient.
molljean67

Posted: March 29, 2019, 5:10 PM
Im embarrassed to ask this but is it the same for females?I haven't had "drive".True I lost my husband & than my mom.But it seems like it started when I got on methodone 5 yrs ago
post replypost new topic