post replypost new topic
I Came Off 160 Mil
Kathryn Burr

Posted: June 21, 2018, 6:15 PM
So it seems there are so few story's of people getting off methadone and I get it is hard. I was on drugs from 13 years old to 33 years old every drug imaginable I was a heroin addict for the most part I got off that and on methadone at 28 years old, I was on 160mil and some days would take 320mil, I got so sick of drugs controlling my life so I starters to reduce over 2 years down to 27mil. I then had to wait for funding to go to a detox centre for 2 weeks, I was given very little drug wise. A drug I unfortunatly cannot remember the name of but it's actually for high blood pressure. Unlike alcohol withdrawal where you can be given libriem. I was given a little diazepam and some sleeping tablets. It was hard but I did it. I wanted to crawl out of my own skin I nearly left twice but thank the lord if didn't. I am not saying it's possible but it's so much harder to get off methadone at home. It's the same surroundings you are in with the methadone and some of you may have stressful lives and no support or just people that love you so much they want to see you out of pain. I know it's not always possible in certain areas to get funding but just ask your drug worker. I live in Cambridge England and I use a place called inclusion they are amazing!

If you have a succcess story or struggling please email me

***please do not post personal contact information. thank you, the moderators ***

This post has been edited by moderator on June 22, 2018, 1:51 PM
John Paul

Posted: June 22, 2018, 7:20 PM
@Kathryn Burr. I have been decreasing from 100 mlgs and am presently at 5 mlgs. I agree 100 % with you. I tried to get into a detox program when I started coming down but the wait time in Canada for people not on government asistance is about 2 year's. So I had to do it at home. I have wanted to give up so many times but I have stuck with it ! My Doctor gave me some valium for the constant leg tremors and agitation. It has helped some but now I think I am getting used to it. Still have withdrawal symptoms every day but no where near as bad as the first week's. Thanks for sharing your story ! Take care and keep on fighting !đŸ˜€Cheers JP
Kristin

Posted: January 1, 2019, 10:03 PM
@John Paul. How are you doing now?
Wally

Posted: January 5, 2019, 6:22 PM
Man I'm jealous! You people in the UK and Canada have it made in the shade. For the opiate user America isn't the most friendly place. There is story after story of people having to pay out of pocket for there medication or of people just being cut off with no safety net.
post replypost new topic