post replypost new topic
Methadone And Depression
Whistler

Posted: May 19, 2018, 6:26 AM
1- getting of methadone, longer and dose. Harder to come off. Saw some of those cold turkey case, been around, methadone for 20, the beginning is easy but around 30 there’s a huge wall and that is where the problems really start, also don’t believe half of them. Anyone wanted to know about depression, methadone feeds on testosterone after a while, and mostly in men but not only, panic attack out of nowhere, anxiety and depression, easy fix, testosterone therapy, for me gel is the best, however some old doctors still today don’t believe or know about it, After becoming suicidal. Flew from BC to Quebec, once at the hospital they couldn’t believe that I had never been to check, I had practically none, prescription for androgel with a warning, relax the next 4-5 days are going to feel like cocaine high, it did, leveled off, no depression, back on the plane and work. Also after 23 yrs. down to 3ml methadose same as 30 ml methadone just a s***ty short lasting version. All medical journal agree that methadone takes 6 to 8 weeks to be totally out , gone, vanished, however if 20 yrs of use when will your system kick in, rare case 10-12 weeks. So from 3 where I am stuck and always sick after 18 hrs, switch to morphine sulphate ( kadian) not as long lasting and get some pain relief, allowed to take more get high, but not my goal, way more comfortable and slow taper... and if any problems at the end it will be 90% less troublesome than methadone or methadose, FYI. Subuxone long term more potent than methadone so beware, but it saves life since it fully blocks opiates and throw you in full withdrawal (for punishment)
John Paul

Posted: May 22, 2018, 2:16 PM
Hi. After almost 11 years on methadone and 20 plus as an addict I am down to 0.9ml or 9 mlgs . I can totally relate to the depression aspects . I have been in really bad withdrawal for about two weeks. And keep telling myself that the worst is over. The insomnia and constant twitching definitely contribute to the depression. I have been taking 10 mlgs of diazapam before bed and it has helped with my overall mood. My dose lasts about 4 hours before the withdrawal starts all over again. I am going to try and stick it out and I hope you will too. Good luck! John Paul
post replypost new topic