post replypost new topic
Methadone Message Board

Posted: January 6, 2018, 8:09 PM
My Name is Granny.

When I first found this Addiction Recovery Guide in 2011 I was blown away. I was researching things about heroin & methadone to add to the monthly newsletter I write for the clinic I attend.
I met the most amazing people here! Jack of Hartzz , our advocate, Constantine, Girltoday and so many more.

It didn't take me long to see that there was no Methadone message board here for people to get good honest information about methadone which I was finding harder and harder to find. I always had to go from site to site to get any information!

This board had the best collection of information I had found, about all kinds of addictions, but nothing about methadone.

I decided to write to the directors of this site and I explained that I had been a methadone patient for many years, as well as an advocate and told them they needed to have a methadone page, somewhere that anyone who was on methadone, or had been, could come and talk about their experiences, good or bad, with other people on methadone.

To my surprise, they wrote me back and said they agreed with me and within a couple days, there it was!!!! This methadone page!! Here it is Jan of 2018 and I can see how many people use this site!!

It is also my "clean birthday"....I have been clean from heroin for 24 years, because of methadone. I wanted to shout from the rooftops when I got clean because I had tried numerous times to get clean by myself and had always failed. I wanted to tell people, methadone works!! I know not everyone feels like I do about using methadone but that's OK. It worked for me and that's all that matters.

In closing I want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! Make this the year you get your s**t together and live your life free from opiates/opioids.

And thank you to the owners of this site for adding this methadone message board. Your decision was a good one! Look at the THOUSANDS of people who visit this board!!! Added with all the other boards here, you have created a one stop place for everyone in the addiction race and their families.
Thank you!!!

Granny23

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on January 6, 2018, 8:21 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
Randomperson

Posted: January 7, 2018, 12:01 AM
Hello Granny2.3. I'm Random and I just want to say THANK YOU for doing that. For writing to the directors and having them add this site. When I began searching for ways to get off of Methadone and looking for success stories they were few and far between. I found this site and Overfifty's thread and it changed my life. I'm happy to say that I followed her path and am now 16 days Methadone free. I will forever be grateful for this site. You did a wonderful thing and as you said thousands of people are benefiting from the information on this site as well as from the personal success stories!!! God bless you and Happy New Year to you!!!:-)

Posted: January 7, 2018, 12:45 AM
Hi Granny, What a great idea you had and look at it now. How many lives you must have changed over the years too. I just read Randoms post and because of this board she managed to get off the methadone. That’s really amazing! Happy New Year to you both and many more too! Mary.
jackofhartzz

Posted: April 21, 2018, 9:46 AM
WoW
I cant believe I found this site again. Cant believe I found Granny . I remember when you started the methadone site-
Remember we both started advocacy groups way back when? Man , that hadda be 10 yrs ago more or less.
Well I can can type about 1000 pages since Ive last been here. I dont know who is still here to even remember me from the old days- not that it matters- Moved out of NY/ NJ awhile ago & have settled in Norwalk CT. Its now been over 30 yrs on methadone, with the latest clinic being up here in Bridgeport.
Id love to come back here later, I have to use a mouse- Im not good enuff without one- it will take me all day
So for now Im glad I found you guys again- Hell now in my 60,s Im lucky I can remember my way around the block never mind a website from many yrs ago.I see some pf my posts were from 2005-
Let me get it together . I want to see who is still here, and I have a lot interesting s*** to report.
Talk later
love & light
jack

post replypost new topic