post replypost new topic
Subutex Or Methodone?

Posted: December 27, 2017, 8:56 PM
Got a son in his mid twenties with heroin addiction for past 6 months. He has been on subutex for past 2 weeks and to look at him now it seems a miracle. However he complains he needs to get high and wants to go onto methodone.
He was given subutex as his drugs doctor thought it more appropriate for him as he had not been on heroin that long and Doc (and his drugs worker)
felt he could find a way out of the problem with subutex as opposed to methodone which he described as just another long addiction.
My knowledge is limited to what i read but with my son clearly still chasing a high as opposed to recovery, switching him to methodone would seem to have disaster written all over it.
He thinks it will enable him to spend his days legally high for free. I say his body will get used to it and if getting numbed is what he wants then he will soon use on top.
Can anyone advise? Thanks
Ps, i mean no disrespect to anyone taking methodone and please forgive my ignorance on these matters as i am still trying to learn all this. Thanks for your understanding.

This post has been edited by Jet0912 on December 27, 2017, 9:22 PM
post replypost new topic