reallynotfun

Posted: August 16, 2017, 3:29 AM
so i was on method for 2 years 10 years ago
i went up as high as 90mg and finished at 1mg
clean for almost 10 years
relapsed, overdosed a few times, really
why is this fent crap everywhere
got back on the methadone program few months after to save my life
when i got to 25mg id wake up for a week or two feeling in full panic withdrawls, puking, with the worst feelings in my stumach, dripping sweat like a faucet
id go get my methadone when it opened and some times it would take me 5 hours to stop puking for the day and settle down
because id feel withdrawls ive gone up to 80mg
i didnt want to pass 40mg when i started
ive since been put on stumach pills and gone for stumach ultrasound, which didnt find anything
some days im puking intill i get my methodone but not as bad
but its weird if i go get fent my stumach instantly settles down
im waiting to go for upper G.I and lower scan and hopefully whatever is going on is found out
has anyone expereiced anything like this
i cant see it being methadone not metabolizing or something i dont know
but why do i feel like im in full withdrawl
this never even happened once when i did methdone program 10 years ago
thanks sorry for grammar and spelling

Posted: August 17, 2017, 1:25 AM
You are probably not on a high enough dose of methadone and that is why you are still experiencing withdrawals. You say you feel fine if you take fentanyl and that is probably because it takes you out of withdrawal.

Using fentanyl raises your tolerance exponentially! It may take a raise in your methadone to cover that tolerance.

Do not get hung up on the number of milligrams you are on. The correct dose of methadone for you is one that holds you for 24 hours with NO withdrawal symptoms and does NOT leave you sedated or "nodding".

Everyone is different in how methadone works. There are some who are comfortable at 30 and those that do not get comfortable until they hit 200. Dose doesn't matter....symptom management does. Why bother taking a dose that doesn't work?

I was also on fentanyl when I started MMT (300mcg Duragesic patches evry 24 hours..I wore three patches at a time and I had the 1600mcg Actiq fentanyl lozenges) and it took quite a high dose to cover my tolerance. However, once I got to my stable dose, it held me 24 hours and it did not make me sleepy or "nodding". It, for me, has been an invaluable tool of my recovery. When implemented correctly and when used as a part of a comprehensive recovery plan it can, and doees save lives and helps to facilitate recovery!

Sending good vibes your way!
post replypost new topic