post replypost new topic
Detoxing After 19 Years
ravingmaddmomma

Posted: January 24, 2017, 5:59 PM
Hello Friends,
I as the title says..Detoxing off my MMT after 19 years, I am SUPER SCARED and very motivated !! I have went from 145mgs in October to a mere 28mgs today !! I have a plan in place with A doctor to stop 4mgs every 4 days.. My questions for this community is what ways can I keep the depression away ?? I do exercise but while I'm going through this I'm on a leave from work and really don't want to get depressed.. Please answer with any & all suggestions... Thanks !!❤

Posted: January 24, 2017, 8:18 PM
see postings by overfifty - in the threads she smokes weed, and takes an anti depressant and maybe something else that maybe she weened of after time clean.

also comb thru the message board for supplements people have used. write it all down, research on the internet, and then pick a few that you think will help.

Posted: January 25, 2017, 6:12 AM
I listened to music, that seemed to rewire my brain a bit and get me away form the struggle. I didn't have a whole of energy through the kick so exercise came in spurts. NY is right, read through the message board, lots of good info and things to do to help. Congrats

Con

Posted: February 4, 2017, 12:18 PM
raving momma,
I think you should come down slower !
4 mgs. every 4 days is a little too fast, in my opinion.
I am no doctor, but I've detoxed from methadone before.
That was 30 years ago.
Then 8 years ago I got addicted to pain pills, couldn't stand them any more.
So I went from the frying pan into the fire with meth again.
Last year I started detoxing from 120 mgs. slowly. at first by 10's
then by 5's once a month. I know it's taken a long time, over a year, but I want to do it right !
I am on 25mgs. feel fine. I'm coming down 1 mg. per week. Should take 5 more months.

This post has been edited by poolman on February 4, 2017, 12:19 PM

Posted: February 4, 2017, 3:59 PM
ravingmaddmomma when you get to 15 mg you should detox 1mg every few days because it will start to hit you fast. I detoxed about 1 1/2 ago and I can't stress enough to exercise as much as possible, drink lots of water and eat heathy food.

Posted: March 31, 2017, 6:06 PM
I have been on methadone for 16 yrs 170mg was my highest I did the quick taper and it did not work out for me I made it down to 25 and got very sick I went back up to about 70 I've been tapering very slow 5 a month it's been a long but I am now down to two milligrams after I hit 10 I went down by twos and then when I hit 5 I went by one I am now at 2 milligrams I am going down to one next week having a full-time job I had to take it slow I could not afford to lose time it has worked for me I believe it is the most successful way
post replypost new topic