next >  post replypost new topic
5 Days Methadone Free

Posted: November 27, 2016, 10:25 AM
I am on day five of jumping off methadone. My highest dose this time was 30ml. Over four years before I decided to taper off. I went low and slow. I have been sleeping eating and in a good mood. I take medication for my mental health and medication for this withdrawal.( clonadine nausea medication klonapin antidepressant and mood stabilizer) I smoke too. As in our state it's legal.I am under doctors care for this withdrawl. All that I am suffering from is low energy. But I can clean go out to the store etc. I am not irritable at all.. I am calm inside.

Posted: November 28, 2016, 8:26 AM
Day six!! Slept eight hours. Feel pretty good. So grateful this withdrawal is going so smoothly.

Posted: November 29, 2016, 8:43 AM
Today is day 7!!! I slept ten hours last night. This detox has been so easy. I planned this taper it was long slow and low. I am proud of myself for getting here. I have zero cravings. I am an ex heroin user who switched to methadone. Methadone saved my life. Had my doctor not retired I would still be on it. I took it for pain. My pain is. Here I just move slow take Tylenol . Plan on exercising more. Anyway just keeping a log of my progress. I have a big appetite no stomach or bathroom issues. Peace

Posted: November 29, 2016, 11:25 AM
I want to say congraduations on detoxing yourself from methadone!!!! 30mgs over 4 years?? thats great!! i just started the MMT program 3 months ago, and im already at 70mgs. ive been using heavily for the past 10 years. How are you doing the detox? what home methods are you using?

Posted: November 29, 2016, 11:44 AM
Thank you for the kind words. Yes I was detoxing over four years from 30ml. Of methadone. I stabilized on each drop over years. I too used heroin for ten years and went to a methadone clinic and went up to 80mll.. Then my clinic closed and I went back to heroin. I went to another clinic and went back up to 80 ml.. Methadone saved my life. I stayed at the clinic and did a year detox and left. I was having a rough time and I went to my doctor and got methadone prescribed for pain. I am rambling sorry. I used clonadine nausea medication klonapin and weed. I sleep a and that's a big deal. It's so great your on methadone. Do you have cravings still at 70?

Posted: November 30, 2016, 9:47 AM
Today is day eight and I feel great. Slept last night have no complaints really. Considering what I could be experiencing. I have low energy and sneezing fits but that's it. No sweats no bathroom issues it's all good.

Posted: December 1, 2016, 9:24 AM
Today is day nine. Yesterday I resumed my normal routine and my energy is still lower than normal. But other than that no cravings no other complaints.

Posted: December 2, 2016, 9:02 AM
Well today is day ten. I feel good. I did it!!! I was so scared this detox was going to require so much down time but it hasn't. I suffer chronic pain and move slow but it's doable. Not gonna get on methadone again. It helped me don't get me wrong but being at someone's mercy to keep getting it isn't me. My doctor retired and that's why I got off it. Once before my clinic closed and I had to detox. It was a rough detox too. Anyway it's day ten and I have a smile on my face.

Posted: December 3, 2016, 9:00 AM
Today is day 11 off methadone. I feel great. . So happy to be free of methadone.
Overfifty

Posted: December 4, 2016, 9:37 AM
Today is day twelve. Very grateful today. I was on methadone for over ten years. Not being a junkie anymore is wonderful. I don't have another run in me. Ya know. I have changed so much in that time. Sad to say ALL my using friends died. This disease wiped out my entire Life for so long. Now I am on the other side of this. Methadone free one day at a time...peace

Posted: December 4, 2016, 10:10 AM
What meds are you still taking?
Overfifty

Posted: December 4, 2016, 11:25 AM
I am taking a antidepressant a mood stabilizer and I smoke weed.
Overfifty

Posted: December 5, 2016, 8:24 AM
Day 13 of no methadone. I sleep good, eat, and am calm inside. No body issues except sneezing.

Posted: December 6, 2016, 1:51 PM
Day 14 two weeks off of methadone. I didn't sneeze yesterday. So that's progress. Other than that life is good. Nothing to say really except I feel grateful this is behind me . Taking it one day at a time.

Posted: December 7, 2016, 8:41 AM
Today is day 15 off of methadone. Had sneezing attacks yesterday that's it. Haven't got much to say life is good.

Posted: December 9, 2016, 9:22 AM
Day 17 free of methadone. Life is good. Have some pain today will be moving slowly.

Posted: December 15, 2016, 8:17 AM
Day 23 off of methadone. No withdrawls no cravings. All in all doing good. Happy to have the monkey off my back.
Overfifty

Posted: December 17, 2016, 2:16 PM
Today is day 25 off of methadone. Things are very normal for me no withdrawals. Sneeze a lot that's all. Looking forward to the holidays.
Overfifty

Posted: December 19, 2016, 1:15 PM
Today is day 27 off of methadone. Feeling super grateful I am doing so good. Taking it one day at a time.......peace

Posted: December 20, 2016, 12:38 AM
Hi
I really don't know as I'm a bit ignorant about this drug
My wife has been taking this for years and I just started researching about it
post replypost new topic