post replypost new topic
One Life Saved In The Eyes Of Death.

Posted: May 9, 2016, 11:51 PM
September 11, 2016 will mark 15 years I've been heroin, cocaine and methadone free. I accepted defeat on 9/11/2001. That was the first day I woke up drug free in a treatment facility. I had less than 60 days to have my son and I was scared to lose him and my daughter to the state. I was determined I was not leaving treatment no matter what. I hold dear to my heart that of all the lives lost that day one was saved and it was mine. I had my own house but no job or support system. I was scared but determined that I was not going to let heroin take my life. My life were my kids and I didn't want the state to take that away from me. I followed everything my counselor said to the letter. I attended recovery meeting and networked with other recovering addicts so I could learn some things because I knew nothing about recovery. I needed something to follow. I was lost. I successfully completed the methadone program. I also followed narcotics anonymous. I went to church and I focused on school, work and being the best mom I could be to my daughter and son. Today my son's are 14 & 1 and my daughter is 20. I am so thankful I finally gave myself a chance to change. I was scared of change for a very long time but now I have become accustomed to change because now I know its a great thing. Patience and staying focused is the key. Best believe the devil has a job also so stay determined. I'm always here if you need to talk.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!

--------------------
You are not alone!
Special Kay
post replypost new topic