post replypost new topic
10 Months Clean From Heroin

Posted: June 29, 2015, 2:21 PM
Tomorrow is my 10 months clean! It took a few tries for me to be willing and ready to change my life but relapsing was the rock bottom I needed for me to truly want to get better and I can honestly say that there is nothing more in the world that I want more than my recovery and I am going to do everything in my power to keep it!

NA has saved my life but more importantly it gave me one! We can only keep what we have by giving it away. If you are struggling, find a 12 step recovery meeting in your area and go ASAP, it will change your life. Talk to other recovering addicts, find a sponsor that you like and are comfortable talking to and that you feel you can tell anything to. That was my big mistake previous times getting clean, I wanted all the results but I didn't want to put in the effort to get those results. I would just stop using drugs and not do a single thing to work on my recovery, not knowing that I was just setting myself up for failure.

Addiction is so much more than just using drugs and most addicts don't know that. NA will teach you so much and help you grow into a person that you are not ashamed to be. You are not alone! Life is waiting. All you have to do is ask for help. It may be hard to admit that you need help but by no means does that mean that we are weak. We have a disease and although we are not responsible for our addiction, we ARE responsible for our recovery. I am so proud of myself and I never thought I could ever say those words. Every day I am grateful to be given one more chance and I wont ever take this wonderful life I was given for granted ever again. One day at a time, Go to meetings and don't use NO MATTER WHAT! :)

Posted: June 29, 2015, 5:24 PM
Congrats and thanks for showing us it works when you work it!
post replypost new topic