post replypost new topic
90 Days Clean 3rd Time In Recovery

Posted: November 26, 2014, 5:55 PM
I am so grateful to be given another chance at a real life. Whatever I was doing before wasn't living. I was so unhappy and I did terrible things to myself to get drugs or money, I had no respect for myself, drugs ruled my world. I am finally truly free from my active addiction. Of course I don't want to be on suboxone forever, and I know I will need to wean off of it when I feel ready, but I don't need to worry about that just yet.

Looking back, I see where I went wrong and that gives me confidence that I will not fall down the wrong path again. Today is my 90 days and I am so proud of myself. I appreciate my life now. I moved in with my boyfriend and he supports me 100%, we go to meetings together and he tries his best to understand, and he does a damn good job. I love my life now. If I can get through this mess I know anyone can, if they are serious. Don't give up, no one ever said this would be easy, but it is worth it!!!

Posted: November 26, 2014, 9:19 PM
Congrats! Meeting makers make it!

Posted: November 27, 2014, 2:06 PM
Thank you, I know now that is where I went wrong before, not making the meetings led me to relapse and I won't make that mistake again!
Try2behappy

Posted: March 12, 2015, 10:17 PM
I am sooo glad for you. 90 days is fantastic. My daughter is on 50 days and now in the second phase. I worry every day and try to be happy? Why do I worry and always think the worst? Your strength helped me today thank-you for your uplifting words erc

Posted: March 13, 2015, 4:05 AM
Congratulations! Keep it up..

Posted: June 18, 2015, 1:27 PM
In less than two weeks I will have 10 months clean!!! NA really works! I have started working my steps with my sponsor and it feels so good to finally be doing the right thing for myself and I have met so many other amazing addicts in recovery that I can relate to. I am so grateful for Narcotics Anonymous it saved my life and continues to keep me clean every day . We can't do this alone!! :)

This post has been edited by BlessedJess91 on June 18, 2015, 1:28 PM

Posted: May 1, 2016, 12:48 AM
"Meeting makers make it." ?

Really? That's funny, beause statistically speaking that is not true 95% of the time. That's like saying people who go to the gym are automatically going to be in-shape. It doesn't work that way. Getting clean, and staying clean from any addiction, is ultimately up to the individual. And going to meetings CAN be beneficial, but it can ALSO be extremely detrimental.

Let's call it the way it really is here.

OP, I'm glad your cleaning up. Keep this ball rolling in the right direction. You have this in you.

Posted: May 1, 2016, 7:36 AM
Hello Squizz:

Sounds like you've got a mad-on for AA.
I found that AA works 100% of the time for those that work it. Good luck.

Your buddy Bob down south in Essex County.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Ascent.org

Posted: June 6, 2016, 10:51 AM
Thanks for sharing and congrats! This is so true. Best of luck on your recovery journey.
post replypost new topic