post replypost new topic
In January 2012 I Have Been Clean For

Posted: February 27, 2012, 8:22 PM
The month of January, 2012, was an interesting time for me. I had a lot of things going on in my life and the days flew by. Although I am a little late writing about this its Ok because today.....I did stop..... for just a moment to back myself on the back. I have 18 years clean.....free from being addicted to heroin. It has been so long since I've used its hard for me to even remember all the little things. But there are times when I read something someone else has posted and it drags me right back there quick. I dont ever want to forget what brought me here or to the clinic I go to...the same one.... for 18 years.
For all the doubters, it IS possible...you can stop...listen to someone elses advice instead of your own and watch the days melt into weeks ,the weeks into months and the months into years. I did it with the help of methadone,that was my choice to stay off it for good when other ways didnt work for me.
Regardless of the method you choose stick with it and find out what you have been missing. Life is good.
Granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on February 27, 2012, 8:22 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: April 15, 2012, 7:12 AM
you go granny--
sorry i haven't been in touch---
long story---il e-mail you shortly
withlottalove
jack

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:59 PM
Well, another year has gone by and I have hit 19 yrs clean.Using never even enters my head anymore. I have been through some really tramatic stuff in the past 4 yrs or so and even then I did not think that getting loaded would have helped me to deal with was happening .

It takes time and effort to get where I am , but it is possible for every single person to accomplish it, but know it will not happen fast. your addiction took time to grow into the out of control monster that inhabits our brain and soul, but with a little faith and some hard work a whole new world is out there just waiting for you.

Tell someone, go somewhere,(like a meeting,AA or NA) and put your hand out and ask for help. Thats all it takes. Whether you go the methadone route like I did, or if you go cold turkey, or if you choose another way, just do it! Take that step toward a life without drugs. You will be happy you did.

--------------------

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: February 3, 2013, 6:27 PM
Amazing Granny! 19 yrs wow! You are a wonderful person and the help you give others is irreplacable. HUGS!

Posted: February 3, 2013, 10:41 PM
That's great, good for you. It sounds like it was a hard battle but you did it and found it was worth it. Thanks for the inspiration, I have been a marijuana addict for 20 years and have quit this last year I've had a couple of slip ups but am trying hard to stay clean. Life is so much better and clearer being sober and my teenage girls are proud of me and we are closer for it.

Posted: April 2, 2013, 10:32 PM
Congrats Willpower!!!
Every day is a step in the right direction!!! Keep it up!!

granny

--------------------

Posted: January 10, 2014, 10:55 PM
Well here I am again, celebrating another clean birthday. It is January 2014 and I have been opiate (heroin) free for 20 years. It's quite unbelievable really, the time has gone by so fast....

I still volunteer my time weekly at our clinic trying to show other addicts that IT CAN BE DONE, but you have to want it more than anything. For me I wanted to live. And I am, day to day, but it is better than any of the days I was using when I thought that was fun. There is NO comparison, NONE. Being drug free is the way to be. Who said that?

granny

--------------------

Posted: February 18, 2015, 8:44 PM
well another year has gone by and I didn't remember to post my new year for being clean.
This January I have been heroin free for 21 years... Wow......Who'd a thunk it??

granny

--------------------

Posted: February 21, 2015, 10:37 AM
Amazing Granny! (((HUGS)))

Posted: March 6, 2015, 7:59 PM
Thanks Girl!!!!!

So much has happened and 99% of it is good. Kids are good, grandkids are good, life is good.

Whats up with you???

granny

--------------------

Posted: March 7, 2015, 12:06 PM
Same ol same ol here. On March the 12th my son will turn 8. They really do mean it when they say they grow up so fast! I still go to my meetings and I have found a great little church. Tomorrow I become a member! The older I get(I'm only 38) the more I think about different things. One of those things being, who will speak of me when I die. I'm very happy that I have let a loving God back in my life. Things keep getting better! We just got a bunch of snow, 24 inches! And the week before that we had about 10 inches. Still trying to dig out lol. Cabin fever has set in, so been playing lots of board games and reading. I don't like driving in the snow and ice! It scares me. That's about all that's going on my way. Keep up the great job with those grand kids! How's your son doing? Did get settled in a place? (((HUGS GRANNY)))

Posted: March 17, 2015, 3:56 PM
Hey girl,
I answered you in the methadone page I think. My son is settled for the time being, thanks for asking.

granny

--------------------

Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:03 PM
This month is another milestone for me. I have been free of heroin for 22 years.

While I know there are many of you out there that are really down on methadone, I for one am NOT. It is what has kept me opiate free and celebrating life year after year and being able to have a life.
I have kids and grandkids and I am healthy. I go on vacations, live life, and am busier than I thought I'd be. BUT. Life happens and for those out there still struggling stop and think about the options available to you. You don't have to stay on methadone like I chose to do, maybe do it for a year or 2 or 3 and IF you work a good program you may find yourself at a point that you can detox down and be free of your addiction to opiates.

It works , if you let it. Have a plan.

Granny

--------------------

Posted: January 22, 2016, 5:16 PM
:)

Posted: March 6, 2017, 6:43 PM
I'm a little late this year...life.. I think. In January this year I have been clean from heroin for 23 years.
I don't know where the time goes but it does. All I know is that going on methadone was the best move I made. I have been through so much more crap in the past 23 years than in all the time before I ever started using and yet the thought of using to deal with whatever it was never even entered my head. And that is a good thing.

For those who may be wondering, methadone is NOT for everyone, but if all other treatments for opiate/opioid addiction have failed you owe it to yourself to try it.
If you will allow it CAN and WILL work for you.

Not all clinics are created equal either. Unfortunately some clinics have ruined addicts for ever even considering treatment because of their shady way of doing things and the way they are or have been treated by the staff. Our clinics are awesome!! Although they are only in California, 22 of them I believe, they are at the top of their game. Aegis Treatment Centers.

--------------------

Posted: March 30, 2017, 12:01 PM
23 years is amazing!!!!
post replypost new topic