post replypost new topic
60 Days

Posted: July 20, 2008, 7:56 PM
I picked up my blue 60 day chip Thursday night:)
Honestly, I didn't feel as wonderful about it when I picked up my 30 day chip. I think I may have been on the "pink cloud"...is that right? 30 days ago I had only a handful of meetings under my belt, read the BB, talken with a temporary sponsor, and feeling good about myself for NOT drinking for a whole month.
Now, I started to feel like the meetings are getting a bit repetitive (the same people share the same things) or the topics weren't not 'speaking to me'. Then this weekend I started mulling over how I was feeling...which was the topic of Thrs. meeting a (a new local for me) and was able to "compute" what I was thinking and feeling and started to processes it all. Does that make sense?
I also realized that I was starting to 'walk backwards on my road to sobriety". I was thinking about all the times I had fun drinking and how will I continue to have fun.....
Well, I had a wonderful weekend. My husband took me to see Mama Mia:) Great movie by the way. Then I went out with a close girlfriend (who knows about my recovery and is familiar with AA through an ex who was an addict) we went to one of my favorite venues to watch live music outdoors. I had a great time!!!! I totally enjoyed myself WITHOUT drinking! I was quit proud of myself.
Now I feel more myself and back on the "ok I can do this" band wagon. Although my sponsor has been MIA. I've been feeling like I need to find someone else anyways. I need someone to help me work the steps.
I think I've completed step 2. I have been praying and feeling God is there for me. Some of my prayers have been answered AND I haven't' prayed for me this whole time. So now (step 3) what does it mean to turn my will and life over to God? what do I need to be doing to accomplish this step.
see I need a sponsor to walk me through this.
I spoke with a a girlfriend who is going on 3 years sobriety today and she had some good insights for me. So she kind of fills that sponsor roll for now. but she's got a lot on her plate taking care of her depressed alcoholic husband.
I am going to approach this one woman I like at my Tuesday meeting this week.
I am going to pray on finding a new sponsor as well.
Anyway, 63 days and I am feeling better about my sobriety each day:)
I am Amy and I am a grateful alcoholic today:) thank you
post replypost new topic