post replypost new topic
4/28/87-4/28/06 19 Years Clean Today
MARY

Posted: April 28, 2006, 12:40 AM
Just wanted to mark my 19th year of sobriety from an alcohol/pot addiction by putting it in writing somewhere...and i guess here is as good as anywhere else.

If i hadn't finally surrendered back then i probably be dead these past 19 years and that would be chiseled on my tombstone instead of on this Recovery Board..

I get rather upset when some folks...even those in recovery themselves will cite that i no longer really have a problem with addiction as i have stayed clean so many years whereas many have not....they didn't know me back in my active days however....blackouts suicide attempts...lost jobs...ruined relationships..homelessness etc. and that could all happen again in an instant if i chose to drink or smoke pot again.....hey sometimes i wish i was able to have a drink or a joint and i could if i wanted to but i choose not to as i am still a recovering alcoholic/pot head....and frankly after all these years i have come to realize i don't really need to......because it doesn't change squat....once that buzz and blur wears off....the problem that you were trying to escape from still remains AND now you have an addiction to wrestle with again and that compounds the situation doubly so...

so...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR MARY...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME.
luv MARY

Posted: April 28, 2006, 4:50 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MARY

Wow what a massive achievement, i want to wish you well in all that you do.

Best wishes

Emily

--------------------
When God made me he was showing off

Posted: April 28, 2006, 6:31 AM
Mary,

Just want to say CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!1

19YRS is like a new lifetime! Celebrate YOU today!

Best of Everything To You,

Jan

--------------------

Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow.

Posted: April 28, 2006, 6:48 AM
Way to go Mary. Congratulations. See, it can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".
Isn't that a great thing to know?!?

Live each day like it was your last. Make sure to tell the people in your lives that you love them. We never know what tomorrow holds.
post replypost new topic