post replypost new topic
New Forum: Recovery Milestones

Posted: March 15, 2006, 7:22 PM
Someone recently requested that a new forum be added where people can post recovery milestones (i.e. 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 1 year, 2 years, etc.) and receive responses from others. The website owner really liked the idea, so the new forum was added this afternoon.

We hope this becomes an inspirational forum for those in recovery.

Enjoy!

Kindest Regards,
The Addiction Recovery Moderators
MARY

Posted: March 16, 2006, 1:20 AM
A little clarification if you will...how is this Forum different from that of 'Success Stories'? Of course it is obvious that one may respond here but should the poster expound at length about their recovery story in depth or just cite the number of days months years etc. he or she has been clean?
Sincerely, MARY

Posted: March 16, 2006, 11:59 AM
Success Stories is more specific than this forum: Only registered users with at least 6 months of sobriety should post within the Success Stories forum. Users are asked to begin by listing their sobriety date, then list up to five main factors that led to their addiction recovery, followed by their story.

Whereas this forum can be posted to by anyone who has reached a milestone whether it's 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc. We wanted to keep the format here looser which is why we didn't include guidelines. We may do so soon, though, especially since you weren't sure about it's purpose (which tells us others may want clarification as well).

We hope you enjoy the new forum and we welcome any additional questions or suggestions.

Kindest Regards,
The Moderators

Posted: March 16, 2006, 4:19 PM
Brilliant idea

I think this site will be good.

I think those of us that do meet our milestones ,are able to get encouragement and affirmation from others.

I also see it as being different to the sucess boards, as you can succeed in different things like jobs,further education,family issues ect.

This will also be good for new comers to the boards that may feel a little shy in being open about there recovery especially if they don,t know anyone on the boards.

This would also be a good ice- breaker for new comers.

Emily

--------------------
When God made me he was showing off
post replypost new topic