Also N+ Addict

Posted: December 3, 2014, 5:37 PM
Hi everyone its miketheknight here I had to start another user name as I forgot my password AGAIN, and couldn't recover it.

In a nut shell I've been taking around 30 - 50 nurofen plus for around 7 years now.
Some may remember I made it to ZERO after a rather fast taper down. That lasted 2 weeks then I got pneumonia and folded like a card house.
The pneumonia's almost gone now, and I'm going to have another go at quitting (worst thing is I know exactly what I'm in for this time).

I know what your gunna say papa bear what's going to change this time? Well for starters hopefully I won't get pneumonia again, and I WILL track down a support group as you have suggested many times (THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS OF SUPPORT ROB APPRECIATE IT).

So this time I"M tapering down by 1 pill a day and not drinking booze with it. Hopefully I can beat this... if I go quiet you know what's happened.

Today is DAY 2 so that equals 28 pills today...

Wish me luck here goes... Main goal is to be at ZERO by NYE

Posted: December 7, 2014, 5:09 PM
Hi all,

Day 6 so down to 24 tabs.

Everything is going ok, starting to feel a bit angry at times though..

will check in again soon.

Posted: December 8, 2014, 5:33 PM
Hello again,

Ok things are starting to heat up, its like a vice winding in one turn at a time.
Feeling shaky, starting to get more frequent bursts of anxiety, fear and a general feeling of endangerment.

Not sure if I want or need to slow the taper so my brain can catch up, I'm just so over buying these things, lying, I hate lying.

Its like I'm a bottle of fizzy drink that's been shook up, and all this from a dosage decrease of 1 pill per day. I want to do this for my little boy, he deserves a dad, and for some unknown reason he thinks I made the world in seven day.

I'm not a religious person, but I'm beginning to see why people believe.

I'm sticking to this 23 pills today - Day 7, cant wait till I can go a couple of days without going to the chemist. I'd hate to think how much money I've spent there.

I'm writing this all to remind myself next time I'm standing on that cliff edge with a hand full of tablets, and a tear in my mind.

I'm writing this to help others come clean and be true to themselves, life starts when you stop using, all the high time is just auto pilot.

Take Care
mTm

Posted: December 9, 2014, 6:04 PM
Day 8

Let's hope it's better then yesterday!

I can't understand how some people are SOooo rude, I had this customer that was speaking to me like sh!t, and all I was trying to do was help her!!
After the f2f confrontation I felt like downing a couple of packs of NP, I had to keep reminding myself why I'm tapering..
I read thru all the stories on here, when I finished work I just felt like hurting myself, I kept reading Girl today's post, over and over, until I was back on track.

A BIG Thank You to you all, your like Gardian Angels

Posted: December 14, 2014, 7:20 PM
Had a bit of a slip up on the weekend, went to a party drank way to much.
Woke yesterday with very severe hangover, ended up taking to many pills to cope.

15th. 20
16th 19
17th. 18
18th. 17
19th. 16
20th. 15
21st. 14
22nd. 13
23rd. 12
24th. 11
25th. 10
26th. 9
27th. 8
28th. 7
29th. 6
30th. 5
31st. 4
1st. 3
2nd. 2
3rd. 1
4th. Zero (the real day one)

Because of yesterdays slip up.. I'm putting this on as a reminder to myself the main goal.

Regards
mTm

Posted: January 21, 2015, 11:18 PM
Where to start...

09/01/2015 was my day 1. I'm now pushing the 2 week mark (tomorrow).

I wish I could say it was a walk in the park, when in fact it was a walk through the gates of hell.
But, it was I that challenged my DOC, and it won. I gave in to it, admitted defeat.
Made my mind up to give it away for life!

Days 1-4 were a complete nightmare, no sleep, no eat, not many liquids. Toilets stops about 20 times a day, couldn't stand up for more the ten minutes without the urge to go.

Day 7, I noticed a very SLIGHT turn in the road, that seems to be getting better VERY VERY slowly, but as you guys say, You didn't get addicted overnight so you won't cure that fast either.

Its the devil you know, you have to force him out, and he's going to put up one hell of a fight.

I'm not getting overly comfortable with my circumstances, but at the same time I'm proud I've got this far.

I have a beautiful wife and child, I want to see him grow old. Who knows maybe even share a beer with him one day.

Day 14, very low energy. Low concentration. Low self-esteem.

Wanted to give a BIG thank you to all that have helped me.

mTm