post replypost new topic
Doctor Can't Help Me Anymore

Posted: November 15, 2020, 8:01 AM
My first MAT doctor of several years was retiring,he put me with only doctor in his office. I’ve been Going for 1 year now. I suffer from mental health disorders also.My understanding “MAT” treats this best they can. This Dr moved 4 month’s into his own clinic. Only treats for MAT. Advertising online mentions “internal dr also”. He couldn’t get my mental health disorders cured.Did give me meds that helped keep my somewhat ok. First appt I made him aware after 22 years of working, I had to stop. My mental health declined terribly. I’m going though Ssdi disability process. No income, no insurance. My spouse is only income. Not a problem, he said. He then asked me get full blood work and referred me psychiatrist. I had some blood work done,thought thyroid test was included. It wasn’t. This cost me $300. To see Psychiatrist visit would be $250. I have pay for his visit, then my meds. Explained to him,I couldn’t afford it now. Last visit he told me since I’ve not done what he asked, he COULDN’T HELP ME ANYMORE! Write my meds for 30 days and that should be enough time to find another Dr. With my mental problems,it sent me straight depression. Thought about getting high all the way home. I worked this program! It work’s! I always had my payment, never disrespectful or obnoxious. I would’ve passed urine tests,he never gave me any,nor did he over or suggest counseling. I could understand if I didn’t do right.

This post has been edited by Infinit44 on November 15, 2020, 8:07 AM

Posted: November 16, 2020, 2:02 PM
keep looking for that "right" doctor. It is very hard to find and keep the right professional help . I hope you find it and keep yourself on a good path. 🐝

Posted: September 28, 2021, 9:57 AM
I hope the best for your and I hope you can find the right Dr to help you

Posted: October 3, 2023, 12:06 AM
Just hang in there things will always get better.
post replypost new topic