post replypost new topic
Subutex Weight Loss
Deej

Posted: October 29, 2018, 10:31 PM
I have a question regarding subutex and weight loss. I was addicted to heroin for years and went to treatment 5 years ago at this point i was Down to 150lbs. During treatment I got on suboxone and have done great only on 2 mg a day for the past few years. Recently I got switched to subutex by doctor and in the last 6 months I have gone from 235 to now 165 I’m 6’1” so I’m super skinny!. No diet change nothing but the medication. Now everyone thinks I’m on drugs again and I’m getting accused daily by my family and friends.. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what have they done to combat it? I can only eat so much and doctor won’t switch me back I’ve asked.

Posted: November 14, 2018, 8:35 PM
This has happened to me over the last year I'm still on 16mg and when I started my fisrt appointment I was 219 and my last appointment I was 170 and the only thing that has changed was me taking this medication. I've had some bloodwork done and everything is good so it has to be suboxone causing this.

Posted: September 28, 2021, 10:07 AM
there are several people who have posted about weight loss while on Subutex. it seems like a common theme. I know when I was put on it for one month I did not agreee with me. maybe it suppressing peoples appetite which is why they are losing weight. I do agree that when addicts lose weight the first thing people think is they are back on drugs. even though you know you are trying to do everything right
post replypost new topic