post replypost new topic
Suboxone For Dextromethorphan Addiction?
Michelle

Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if Suboxone can help curb cravings for dextromethorphan like it does for opiates? My understanding is that Suboxone is specifically for opiate addiction but my hope is that it can help for dex too, somehow. My former partner is addicted to dex; its what broke us up :-( I just started taking suboxone for my opiate addiction and I do plan to ask my doctor, but I wanted to get your guys' input too. Thanks.
LeiylaTic

Posted: December 4, 2018, 11:56 PM
I asked my pain Dr. about it and he said he didnt think it wasnt a good idea, he didnt seem to want to elaborate but maybe because Drs. are monitored by DEA and Suboxone is really suppose to be used for opiate withdrawal. I wanted it for RLS. I used to work for a Psychiatrist who prescribed it for drug addiction.

Posted: December 29, 2018, 12:13 AM
wow, something new all the time. I had no idea you could get hooked on Dex. I know that Suboxone has helped many opiate abusers and addicts, but take it from someone who has been on it for over 11 years, get off of it as soon as possible. I had abused and was addicted to opiates of all flavors and varieties for about as long, but I should have never taken Suboxone. I regret it now even though it saved me from serious withdrawals at the time. I was just weak and conned by a Dr. who was pushing something new at the time without fully understanding the consequences. Sorry for the rant, just been trying to kick this stuff and it's been shear hell, 100 times worse than any opiate withdrawal I ever had.
post replypost new topic