post replypost new topic
Suboxone & Vitadone?

Posted: July 14, 2017, 1:44 PM
Hey guys! I'm trying to taper myself off of Suboxone. I'm down to 1/8 piece 2x a day. Which is 1/4 of the 8mg strips a day = 2mgs a day. My father is on a MMT and was just given VITADONE. He says it helps with the withdrawal symptoms. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE VITADONE WITH SUBOXONE? OR IS IT SPECIFICALLY FOR METHADONE ONLY? Please, I really need to know! I'm ready to order a bottle online right now!!!

ALSO: Do you have any suggestions with dealing with the withdrawal?
THANK YOU! 💙

Posted: July 16, 2017, 12:15 PM
Vitadone is an over-the-counter vitamin supplement. I know some for profit clinics peddle this stuff because it makes money for them. There is nothing special in it...you can get the same exact ingredients in just about any multi vitamin at 1/4 of the cost. Also, vitamins are not regulated by the FDA and therefore do not go through the rigorous testing that medications do. Often vitamins, because they are not regulated, contain very little of what the say are in them.

Good nutrition and exercise can make you feel better. Take a vitamin if you wish, but save your money. Vitadone is nothing more than an over-priced, unregulated vitamin supplement.

post replypost new topic