post replypost new topic
Suboxone To Subutex To Opiates To Withdrawal
Sunni

Posted: September 24, 2015, 4:49 PM
Hi everyone,
New here but was on opiates for chronic pain. I had the perfect mix and was pretty much doing well. Then there were a bunch of changes and it was take long acting meds and cut back what worked with no side effects. So here I was sick on these meds but had no choice to stop them because I had to work. So I tried Suboxone ( wanted subutex) for the tolerance that got bad with the stronger meds. Did pretty well except for losing my personality and not feeling anything. At about the 4 month mark I started getting very depressed, nodding out and finally couldn't get out of bed.Also had headaches and stomach problems. My Dr switched me to Subutex and it was a little better but it wasn't helping my pain much. I ended up with bad knee pain. So he put me back on my short acting med but I went through withdrawal while on meds. I ended up taking a stronger med that I had left over and it helped somewhat. Then I moved and I saw my old Dr that used to try to give me meds to stay in his practice! Every time I told him I wanted off he would tell me I needed it.so my tolerance is high as heck now and I went through my meds too soon and he cut me off. I was taking half of what he used to give me. I wish I would have understood subs then but I didn't know it increases tolerance. So here I am two weeks off of short acting opiates and I truly have the chronic pain that I had prior to starting opiates. I am not usually an addictive person and have had surgery and only took advil afterwards. All of this took place the last 7 years. I'm beating myself up cause I can't function anymore due to pain and that empty feeling I had on subs. I've been off the subs for 2 months. Is it possible that I am still in withdrawal from the Subs? I never had a tolerance problem till they started trying to fix what wasn't broken I have zippo emotional support and I am dealing with less then perfect circumstances at home. I take vitamins, small amount of Kratom for withdrawal but it doesn't help the pain. I really don't want meds but having a real tough time.
Any advice would be appreciated

Posted: September 25, 2015, 10:19 PM
I was on 32 mg a day for the past 3 years with suboxone. Today is day 30 and I'm still not 50%. I keep hearing it takes months to finally detox from suboxone and depending on the person you talk to in recovery, it could 3 months to a year to finally feel 100% again
Sunni

Posted: September 26, 2015, 6:12 AM
Thank you Mum. I sure hope you feel better soon.
I was on Suboxone/Subutex for 6 months and went back on opiates for a little over two months so I don't know if the 2 weeks of withdrawal is residual withdrawal from subs or from opiates. Add in my chronic pain and I wonder if I will ever feel better! Is it true that It could take a year to be normal? I consider myself a fighter and strong person but I can barely function. This is not me at all.
Thanks for letting me tell my tale of woe.Most people don't know about my problem and they don't accept my invisible illness that I've had over 20 years but refused meds until I absolutely needed something and i have so much shame in getting hooked.
post replypost new topic