next >  post replypost new topic
Do Addicts Use Heroin And Suboxone Together?

Posted: July 13, 2012, 9:00 PM
25 yo Daughter has been a poly substance abuser for many years (at least 10) and we have done everything possible to help her get her life together.
It is even more complicated because we have custody of her 2 children. My husband and I are completely overwhelmed and stressed out.

I have chosen to cut ties with my daughter as she is a master manipulator and lies constantly. She has a history of stealing and has spent time in jail. Her children were terrified when they came into our care at 9months and two years old.
My husband is still bailing her out of situations and giving her rides and taking calls when she has issues. This is causing friction between us because I think we should protect the children, and her influence on them will not be beneficial to them at this point.

Also, she tells my husband that she is doing suboxone, only a quarter of tablet. He says that she is selling the remaining prescription. Can she do heroin while on suboxone?

Ugh, hate to ramble but any thoughts are appreciated.

Posted: July 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
sounds like you should come to the family board, lots of support and some answers to your questions...my son was selling his suboxone for heroin come on over

Posted: July 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
With a little creativity an addict can always find a "work around". Please do come to the family board...there is help for YOU there.

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: July 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
No, she can't take her sub and do heroin at the same time. One cancels the other out.

If she's still using tho, she's not take enough sub and not doing a program correctly. Sub is being wasted.

Go to the Family Board. Lots more activity over there and you'll get tons of support from other mom's.

Sounds as tho you could use it. I'm sorry.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: September 1, 2012, 11:04 PM
Not at the exact same time, as you'll get withdrawals by using one immediately after the other or vise versa. But you can definitely use a day later, especially if it's a small dose like half a tablet or less.
My ex was a heroin user, I was a morphine user. We would both get suboxone during the week as an emergency, then we'd get gear as we could, but if we ran out of money/couldn't get on, we'd always fall back onto the sub until we could get our hands on more gear, then we'd wait 12hrs or so since we last took a small dose of sub before taking the gear or you get a major headache from hell. Like splitting migrain. The feeling of a sledge hammer smashing your skull.
Often after so many hours, then you use, you don't get as strong as an effect of the gear either, it still blocks some of the good stuff out, but most addicts do it anyway.

(it's better to use a bit of sub to stop the withdrawals, then suffer a few days just so you're shot is full effect. Most would rather have a 75% power shot with no withdrawals for the past few days, then have withdrawals for a 100% shot)

Posted: September 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
Glad to hear the kids are living with you and your husband. Pain pill and heroin addiction are terrible not just for the person with the addiction but for the whole family. I knew someone from a meeting that went to a doctor for suboxone for her and her boyfriend and they were going to share the prescription. The boyfriend ended up selling his half for pain pills and only kept a few for when he couldn't find opiates. She finally wised up and stopped helping him and is currently weening off the suboxone. You and your husband should attend some meetings for families of addicts. As an addict myself when we are using we lie not only to our family and friends but to ourselves. I find it very sad that your daughter hasn't gotten clean for her children. I take that for granted I guess because I don't have any kids to take care of. I plan on staying clean for two more years before I even think of bringing a child into my world. I pray every night for God to give me strength to stay clean and for others out there who are still using. Suboxone if taken correctly blocks the effects of opiates so the user doesn't get a "high". the problem is with people sharing medication or selling it to buy other drugs. Good luck to you and your family.
Zack

Posted: May 29, 2014, 10:44 PM
I know this forum is old news. but Instead of subutex, methadone or suboxone, may I suggest Kratom. Its not nearly as powerful and addicting as all of the above but believe it works just as well with little or no side effects. plus it's just a tree leaf, so no synthetic chemicals and it actually has nutritional value and benefits other than helping opiate withdrawal.

So if you want a natural approach for drug addiction, I highly suggest researching Kratom and giving it a try. It is an amazing plant and Can also help with addicitons to other drugs as well such as uppers and downers or all kinds. Check it out, it may just save somebodies life, I know it saved mine!

Posted: October 26, 2014, 2:30 PM
HI guys - thanks very much for posting this info.

--------------------
192.168.l.l
Hope

Posted: January 18, 2015, 10:04 PM
I am an addictions nurse and offer education to poly-substance abusers on a daily basis, and have suffered from substance abuse in my own family- is there an easy answer no, sometimes jail is necessary as is the only way to offer education and safety for the children involved, it is not an easy road but there are many programs available for family members that have been afflicted, addiction is a disease, it is exhausting and overwhelming to all involved but there is help available out there you just have to reach out and don't lose hope or faith!
JADE

Posted: March 15, 2015, 11:23 AM
Please help me! I have a 20 year old son who has a bad heroin addiction. I have had him in three rehabs and as soon as he gets out, the same day he is using again. I am told I can get him on a suboxin program or methodone program, but I am not sure which one is the best for him? Does anyone have any advise?

Posted: March 15, 2015, 1:59 PM
you were told "you can get him on a sub or methadone program" what if he doesent want to go on a program- he wont work any program unless HE wants to do it for himself - it is his decision to use and it has to be his decision to quit or to go on any programe - sorry but you are wasting your time trying to FIX your son - he has to do it for himself -
Mariah burkett

Posted: March 30, 2015, 3:19 PM
Try vivitrol. It's a shot that blocks out the urge to do heroin or any other opiates. It's works like nothing I have ever seen!

Posted: August 16, 2015, 6:58 PM
Thanks for all of this advise. My son sounds like the twin of everyone else. He knows how to work the Suboxin treatment and mix it everyother day with Heroin. One day he wakes up and asks for Suboxin, acts normal and the next day high as a kite. I guess Heroin users are smarter than we think. I wish he would have used that smart brain toward something productive.

As one of the posters said, we CAN'T FIX THEM, they need to want to and if they don't, then we can just continue being sick over them.

Jail isn't the answer either as I hear many can get their drugs there. From what I hear, just kick them out. I haven't gotten to that yet, as he's still my baby, but he is manipulating me to the point of hatred.

Posted: August 17, 2015, 12:29 AM
yes they do, my cousin does this a lot and it's a big waste of money because you have to do so much to feel anything. i think its more mental though with her than anything.
crystal545

Posted: August 24, 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm on subs...been on since Jan.2015 without falling off.... until the other nite I wanted to sniff a bag for what reason?? Idk???
Anyway, I got sick to my stomach hugging the toilet for 3 hours throwing up. Leas on learned..to hell with That Devil. I'll not do it again. I'm fine on subs and plan to stay that way.
For any of u that think u can cheat back to back don't try😢,iit's not worth it !!
tweeker

Posted: October 25, 2015, 4:54 AM
I thought i would answer this as i been using Subutex and Heroin and most people think it cant be done but they are soooo wrong,,,, Its all down to what you give your body first and the dosage and then how much heroin you use on top, when i wake up sweating and in withdrawal i can use 2ml Subutex or 4ml of subutex then when it starts working and you stop withdrawal you can then use heroin but it has to be a high dose, i use about 0.4 of a gram and this is crappy heroin and if its strong then i use 0.2 of heroin, if somebody was to use heroin to stop withdrawal then try using subutex on top it will send you into a cold turkey like you would never believe!! it will make you sooo sick, so you have to use the subutex first then the heroin, this is why doctors give some addicts Suboxone as it contains Naloxone blocker and there is no way you can use suboxone then use heroin as the Naloxone will stop the heroin working and also put you into cold turkey,, If someone was using 8ml or more of subutex then heroin will have little or no effect if heroin was used after and the danger then is some addicts keep putting heroin into their body trying to get high and they end up in hospital or very ill as the two drugs fight it out for receptor site space,,, i hope this helps you understand and after 30 years using drugs i think i do know what i am talking about, ive heard so many low dose subutex users who tweek on top tell everyone that they dont use because they are on subutex and the family or friend believe them as they think they cant use heroin and subutex!
Jenny

Posted: November 13, 2015, 4:25 PM
You are able to do Subutex and Heroin together because Subutex sd the brand of Buprenorphine without the opiate antagonist Naloxone in it. Subutex is nothing more than an opiate. So yr just taking an opiate on top of an opiate. Suboxone and heroin would have a different effect, as the person above stated (holding the toilet for 3 hours...)
kittylissA

Posted: March 27, 2016, 7:43 AM
The nalaxone in the suboxone is not active unless it's taken by IV/ injecting. So subutex is exactly the same as suboxone, it's bupenorephine. Also you will experience "precipitated withdrawal" from both subutex and suboxone the same. It's not the nalaxone that causes the immediate worst cold turkey withdrawal symptoms you've ever experienced...on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst possible, you go from feeling kinda sick at a 3-4 and think it's time to start the bupenorephine, to an immediate 10, and it takes many hours to go away. It's because the makeup or disposition of the bupenorephine it will kick out the heroin from the receptor sites in the brain if taken too soon. This is really counterproductive to a solid recovery because it seriously discourages the patient and can potentially make them fear and resent the bupenorephine, and feel safer taking the heroin. The way to avoid precipitated withdrawal is to wait ATLEAST 24 hours after last dose of H and start with tiny doses every 3 or so hours and build as you go (example-0.15 sub after 24 hours, 0.3 3 hours later, 0.6 3 hours later, 1 mg 3 hours later, 2 mg 3 hours later, 4 mg 4 hours later and then maybe wait 12 hours for more-another only 2 mg if the patient has found relief after the 4 mg dose....patient probably will do fine at 4mg/day. Doctors prescribe WAY to much to most patients who most would not need more than 8mg/day max.
Raul

Posted: May 25, 2017, 1:30 PM
Hi my name is Raul and my girlfriend and I are so tired of using heroin, we want to stop but it's hard. Life really sucks right now. We're struggling to get a "fix" and then the dope is wack above all else we just want to stop. We're ready to start new, we want more outta life. We both have children and we both have lost so much because of our heroin addiction. We can't afford to go to the doctor for Suboxone prx, so we're looking to buy it off the streets. Any advice what to look for so we don't get burned?
Sympathy

Posted: August 8, 2017, 12:57 AM
My brother has been using heroin for more than 10 yrs...we have tried rehab and it didn't work bc he wasn't wanting the change he had been using suboxone also for 10 yrs...he is now 30 yrs old he went to jail for tickets last week and had the worse withdrawals at this time...he was only in there for about 10 days. My brother picked him up and put him on a flight to Florida to stay with me for a week. This is the first time since he was 15 that he admit what the heck he is doing at all hrs in the night in the restroom making my whole family miserable and exhausted. I picked him up today and for the 1st time in 15yrs I feel like I'm getting close to having my brother back it will take time and family support. He is not carrying a cell phone or money all he wants is support and rest because it's been a long journey. I pray for all the families here that everyone finds peace and finds a way for their loved ones.
post replypost new topic