post replypost new topic
9 Months

Posted: October 28, 2020, 10:26 AM
Still SMober & sober. I have a ton of life of lifes terms. A lot of things that I cant do a damn thing about but that are also upsetting and ovrerwhleming. Mom in the hospital and I was grateful to not have to go out and have a smoke or deal with the anixety. When I have a clear head things are so much less stressful. I can more readily see what i have control over and what I dont. My son violated his probation so will likely go back to prison. My brother got drunk and took a loaded gun told his wife he was going to commit suicide. He is holding the whole family hostage. Not physically but mentally. I usually dont let myself get sucked in. I did last night though. Anyways. Life is good today. In spite of all the thigns that are happening I am so glad I dont have to find an excuse to drink. I just take life on lifes terms and do whats in front of me. Had to check in and let you all know. Trying to make it to a year. For now I will just do today.
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic