post replypost new topic
Just Do It
Lost

Posted: July 12, 2020, 2:33 AM
Made 8 years cigarette free at the end of last June....i had smoked for 25 years..a pack to two packs a day.
i had to treat it like my alcohol addiction...no tapering off no patches gum meds...just had to stop
cold turkey..yeah the first two weeks was a b****
Unfortunately i didn't stop soon enough to escape the ravages of COPD and Pulmonary Fibrosis..scarring of the lungs is permanent.

Now i understand about the annoyance and effect of second hand smoke...i get ill when i smell cigarette smoke...and right now i am mad because i had signed a lease in the apartment building i have been dwelling in for nigh 6 years that clearly states NO SMOKING..
but the hallways are filled with both cigarette and than darn skunk weed smoke and Management does nothing about it
i wonder if i have any legal recourse to sue this establishment for endangering my life?

Anyhoo...if you told me years ago that i would never smoke again...i would never have believed it...but there are still days that i crave a cig now and then...but i know if i pick up i won't stop and also i will get very sick at first
so as Nike used to say "Just Do It"

Posted: July 12, 2020, 8:37 AM
Congratulations Lost!

We're moving your post to the Nicotine forum, so people looking for inspiration can read your story.

- the moderators
post replypost new topic