post replypost new topic
4 Months

Posted: May 27, 2020, 10:19 AM
I am breathing a little easier, sleeping a little better, a little less anxious. I still think about smoking, get a little jealous of those who smoke with impunity. I read a little about step 2 last night. I really do need Gods help and with Gods help I can take it easy and not struggle.. I can trust the process and return to the first 3 steps as many times as I need to. When I was reading the literature I was filled with the reminder that God could & would if he were sought. Well my whole life now is in the seeking. So I guess God will come in and change me and I can't force that change. So part of me is the little boy whistling in the dark. I have been here before. I dont have this beat. I may not have done anything other than put ciggarettes down for a couple months. I dont have to smoke today. Thats it. I can stay in the solution today. Thats it. The good news is that when I stay in today and in the moment that is where God is.
Still SMober & Sober.
Jane

This post has been edited by justjane on May 27, 2020, 10:19 AM

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic