post replypost new topic

Posted: April 8, 2020, 10:33 AM
72 days. I was born in 72 so there. I am coming up on a belly button birthday next week. Ill be 48. It seems so old. I dont neccesarily feel old though so thats good. Im active and strong, Im a little thicker than I used to be but I am generally a happy person so i'll take it. My sister would have been 51 this year. She died 6 years ago of this disease. I miss her- I've been listening to old country music cause it reminds me of our childhood and better times. This is taking a depressing turn. Life is good today despite the pandemic I've remained level in my moods & that is a complete miracle. So I'll take it. I am hitting extra meetings & counting this as some journaling. exersizing and talking to other alcholics. This pandemic is getting old but I've been in jail so Im comparing it and trying to do the same thing I did back then. Use the time to go inward. Honestly tho some times Im justy lazy after work I eat and watch TV. I love to read and I have some good books. I haven't even read them yet. Anyways Im loosing what this is about. One more day down still SMober & sober for that I am grateful
Much love&Respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic