post replypost new topic

Posted: April 6, 2020, 12:32 PM
Im gonna listen to some great 70s music today to fight off the blues that are knocking at my door. What I learned in the program is what I take in matters. I started by listening to Elton John thats why they call it the blues & yellow brick road. I dont have to go there today so I switched it to Pride of the 70s station. It starts off with I will survive Gloria Gaynor. That is more like it. I am having a combination of COVID19 and my sister (who died) its her birthday this week.. She would have been 51. She died of addiction.. We usually get together as a family or go camping and its just not possible that is just sitting there trying to get acknowledged & I think I can do that without wallowing in sadness. So I will mix it up today. I can celebrate living without a cigarette 70 days with some pride-ish 70s tunes & act my way into right thinking. My first sponsor would always say happiness is a choice. This is what I choose today. Blessed to be alive & know that there is always hope.
SMober & sober today and thats as good a reason to celebrate as there is.
Much love & respect. We will survive.
Jane

This post has been edited by justjane on April 6, 2020, 12:33 PM

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic