post replypost new topic
Nicotine And Personality Changes
ponyparade

Posted: April 11, 2017, 2:39 PM
So I've been with my husband 11.5 years (married for 5). He's been a smoker on and off. I've always hated smoking and am allergic. He has "quit" many times... When he quits, and is successfully off, he seems like a genuinely different person - less preoccupied, but most importantly calm, and nicer. Recent past 3 years he had again "quit" and exchanged the nicotine for marijuana. I didn't have a problem with this since I don't see negative changes with marijuana use, if anything he just seems happier on it. Well, in the past few months I noticed a personality shift again - it was like one day he came home and just wasn't the same person. I realized that he's been smoking e-cigs. I can only assume that the nicotine is affecting him again.
Has anyone else noticed significant personality changes on nicotine? What the heck can I do to help this? Apparently this is like a life long addiction. When stress goes up, the nicotine comes back .... :(

Posted: May 2, 2017, 12:59 PM
Of course, it can changes personality of a man. When ones don't smoke then his/him personality is good but when ones smokes then their personality looks different.

Posted: August 31, 2017, 11:40 PM
When I quit nicotine I quit other things that I use to enjoy. I think if I had quit smoking when I was young I would have picked a different path in life. I think nicotine changes a person and how they act. I knew someone who got divorced after they quit smoking because he got he couldn't humor his wife as easily. Funny but true. So there's something more to it. :)

Posted: December 26, 2017, 8:04 AM
Nicotine addiction is sometimes severe too. I know it from the experience of my own family. My grandad couldn't quit as he literally got mad when he wasn't smoking even for two days. I tried to find a solution to this problem, but there was absolutely nothing that could help. Doctor even had to prescribe him antidepressants so he could keep calm and and quit.

Posted: April 23, 2021, 5:09 AM
Nicotine addiction is terrible. I have written about this and when I did the researcj about nicotine I realised how harmful and terrible it is. I try to help those hwo suffer it and want to quit by emotional support
post replypost new topic