post replypost new topic
Support

Posted: April 23, 2015, 3:24 PM
I need support on quitting smoking. I've been a smoker for 35 yrs and Im 55. I smoked 15-17 cigs a day.I'm down to 4-5 a day. My goal it to completely quit by the end of April. I having surgery on May 5. I just need support.

Posted: April 24, 2015, 8:43 PM
I guess no one gives support in this group. This is really sad and discouraging. I have been coming to this board since May of 2004. At that time I was going through a lot with my husband (meth addict) and it was this board that guided me and gave me strength. I will forever be thankful to a very special friend whom I meet through this board. His name 'justonemore'. I could truly use his wisdom and advice right now.

I have started to journal my journey on trying to 'Quit Smoking' and don't know if it will work. Like I said in my previous post I'm down to 4 cigs a day. I should feel good about only having 4, but the truth is I'm very disappointed with myself. I have found a way to make those cigs last till 11pm. My SECRET: I take 3 puffs and cut the burning end with scissors. One cig can last me 3-4 hrs. I know, I'm only kidding myself.

Thank you for reading my post.

This post has been edited by behappy on April 24, 2015, 11:25 PM

Posted: April 25, 2015, 2:27 PM
Since no one is giving me support, I guess I will have to do this on my own. Today I decided to to cut another cig out of my life. I'm going to try and smoke only 3 cigs today. I don't know how I will make it through the day. I thought about only taking 2 puffs instead of 3, maybe that will get me through the day.

I have done some research on 'nicotine' withdrawals and it scares the s*** out of me. I praying it doesn't hit me like a ton of breaks. I have my moments when I feel sooo overwhelmed and wonder if weaning myself from smoking was the right choice.

I was out of town for 2 month and needed to see a doctor, made an appt, went to see a Doctor in March and he prescribed 'BuPropion XL', after reading the 8pgs of info regarding this drug I decided I wasn't going to be a 'walking depressed zombie'. Once I got home, I went to see my personal Doctor and he gave me 'nicotine gum' ...I haven't used it.

I have till Thursday April 30, 2015 @11:59 to completely quit. As I'm typing this I'm already stressing. I have one more trick up my sleeve for support, once I begin my 'non smoker' journey. I found an app on my iPhone and iPad I will download. Its called 'My Last Cigarette' is free and has gotten a lot of positive reviews.

Posted: April 26, 2015, 4:22 PM
hi - if you are scared of the WD's use nicotine patches or the gum that way you can control the amount of nicotine going into your system - the WD's from nicotine are no big deal - most people on this site are recovering from alcohol/drug abuse so to us the WD's from nicotine are not a major issue- you wont have a seizure or be sick for days with restless legs and insomnia- you will have strong cravings and probably be somewhat stressed and iratible for a while- i wish you luck with it -

Posted: September 10, 2015, 11:10 AM
Good Morning Be Happy, I just saw this and wanted to say Hi! I hope you are smoke free by now. If not today is a Great Day to Start!!! You are worth it.
post replypost new topic