post replypost new topic
Need To Quit

Posted: June 7, 2012, 2:18 PM
I am so sick of my coughing. It comes at any time. I am so embarassed at times in front of people with this horrible cough that I can't stop. I have set a quit date for Sunday. I am also reading the book easy way to quit smoking and it is making me sicker about my addiction.
I must move forward and quit. I have told 3 people and this is a big step for me. I dont seem to suffer from phyical withdrawal it is the mental withdrawal that says go buy a pack just have one my mind seems to be my enemy.
Kay

Posted: June 12, 2012, 4:49 PM
I recently quit smoking cigarettes after 6 years this past November. I also knew i wanted to quit and was not sure how to approach the situation. There comes a point where every time you light up you know you do not really enjoy what you are doing. It sounds silly but one day i was getting coffee at the book store and saw a book on the shelf about quitting smoking. I had just gotten out of a bad relationship and was inspired to better myself. I started peaking through this book to see what it was about and it had me hooked instantly. The book is called The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr. It sounds silly to quit smoking from reading a book and people laughed when i told them about it. I asked them why it was so silly when we learn everything from books. The information I got from this specific book changed my life. Allen Carr makes quitting smoking not only easy but exciting. He went from smoking 100 cigarettes a day to zero with no problem. As i read his book i was amazed with how easy quitting smoking could be. Before i even finished the book i knew i would never smoke another cigarette again in my life. It has now been 7 months since i smoked a cigarette and do not even think about them anymore! I feel so great from quitting. I have so much energy so much more money my life is so much more enjoyable. I did not fully realize the impact of smoking until i was completely finished with it and now i have been trying to push everyone i know to quit. It was the best thing that has happened to me and i still feel excited about it. Anyone can quit and it does not have to be hard! Read this book and see what you think! Research it if you want!

Posted: June 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
What does the book tell you to do?

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
Kay

Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
It basically explains that it is not hard to quit smoking. It tells you that we have been brainwashed to think that it is difficult to quit and goes on to give different facts about it. It turns quitting into a positive and exciting thing rather than something your afraid of. The author went from smoking 100 cigarettes a day for his entire life to none the next day. He gives seminars overseas about his method and people who attend leave two hours later never smoking again in their life. It is amazing. Definitely worth the read even if you dont think you want to quit yet!
post replypost new topic