post replypost new topic
2 Years Without A Cigarette~!

Posted: April 18, 2012, 12:30 PM
Wow, 2 years with out smoking. Yay, me~! Even though all the credit goes to my HP, God.

I am so grateful to be a non-smoker, that the obsession & compulsion was lifted from me. I am still amazed at the power of God and the 12 steps.

Good comes from difficult situations and today, I am grateful that by going through the cancer/chemotherapy with my MIL, by having my own health issues at the same time, it helped me so much to stay true to myself & not smoke that first one.

And even with it getting easier as time passes, when Jenny died, and last week at her Celebration of Life, I really, really had that strong desire to have just one. Thank you, God for helping me through a very difficult two weeks....

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 18, 2012, 4:49 PM
Yay! clap, clap clap! Go Stacey!

Posted: April 18, 2012, 5:25 PM
Thanks Mom.

I hesitated posting, don't want to sound like I'm bragging just want to share that it is possible to stop smoking, even after many years of being a smoker.

xoxo

--------------------

Posted: April 18, 2012, 9:28 PM
I hear that.

I am still 'vaping' my ecigs, but I feel like a non-smoker. I don't obsess about them like I did about real cigs, I don't stink, I don't take breaks from whatever I'm doing to choke one down, my lungs feel SO much better...so it's working for me.

I think it's important to know that it can happen, even for you, even for me. I smoked for 37 years...well more than half of my life...so if I can, anyone can. I thank my friend GYAC from the heroin board for a post he made to Jack about ecigs. Something clicked and I bought one that day...two weeks later I was done with cigs...never thought it would happen. Now all I need is an e-diet...lol.

xo

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: April 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
LMAO...an e-diet, I'm in.

--------------------

Posted: April 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
Congrats Stacey..remember what I said about wanting what others had..well, this is one of them.

So proud of you.

I'll get there. Still hanging on to that quit date of 4/28. I'll have 9 years of recovery that day, so it's as good a day as any to quit smoking too.

What's an e-diet?

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:59 PM
Congratulations you really did an awesome job, 2 years is really a great time i can't even leave smoking for 2 hours.

--------------------
Fairways Supported Living

182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia

Phone : +61 1300 765 051

http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/

Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

24 hours care and support in assisted living homes
post replypost new topic