post replypost new topic
Hows My Quit Buddies?

Posted: February 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
Jess, CG
You guys still on track? How are you feeling? Whats goign on? Intrested to see how the battle goes.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 21, 2012, 1:21 PM
Still using the vape's. Not sure about Jessi.

It was really nice to be able to use those on the plane....lol Time to start cutting back on those too now. sigh. They've become my new addiction.

How are you doing Jane? How's everything with your kids?

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: February 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
Ya, its time ! Throw those things away.

The kids... Well E moved out this summer I rarely see him. Other than at court. His charges got dismissed. We had a great talk. He told me not to ever think he didn't love me. I told him same backatcha bud. I bought him a hamburger and thats the last I have seen of him. S moved in with dad or at least she stays there most of the time. I see her alot and talk to her on the phone constantly. She has a puppy she is taking care of over there. So my house is quiet and I have serenity. Mostly because I am alone. The BF has been out of town on jobs for the last month. So just me myself and I. I feel solitude not loneliness. I go to a handful of meetings a week. Yoga, run, and walk. Weight Watchers. and just chill out and read. It may look boring but it feels great. My BF doesn't live with me anyway. So I don't notice his absence as much as the kids. But ya. Life is serene.

How about yo?

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 23, 2012, 1:33 PM
I'm happy you're happy. It's nice to hear that serenity in your writing.

Me, not so much. Lots going on with grandkids in Alaska. Soon to be ex DIL is going to make me very old before my time. I am trying very hard to be part of the solution and not the problem. I have Stacey in my back pocket most of the time while dealing with DIL so that helps. I keep her words in my head and most of the time, they come out of my mouth instead of what I really want to say.

It's created some problems with hubby, but then again, when it comes to family, I can't see my way past anything else. Working on that.

Why am I writing this on the nicotine board? LOL

Big hugs girlfriend.

--------------------

Posted: February 24, 2012, 6:19 PM
Lisa,
LOL! No I get it. In fact I went through so many emotions when quitting smoking and dealing wiith my little family while quitting, and in my family of origin and I was a wack. I wanted to talk about "it" "Them" all the time. Finally the smoke cleared (pun) and I was able to just look at it a little mor objectively. I get it. I'm sorry your having that stress. That makes it harder to quit in some ways. But really when you rready you'll do it. It takes many times of practice though. I can't even tell you how many times I tried to stop and/or cut back. Too many times to say. Today I made it 11 months! One more month and i got a year!

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
Go Jane! Been thinking about you and wondering how you are...you sound great...peace and serenity are nice, aren't they? I hinestly believe that things are easy and serene as we let them be...we make a lot of our own trouble and drama...don't ya think?

As for the quitting...I stopped smoking 'analogs' 14 months ago and still use my vaper...I feel great and doubt I'll stop any time soon...takes what it takes.

Peace...really, I mean it ~ M&M

Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:10 PM
We make our own trouble and drama..wow. Yep, no wiser words were ever spoken. It is an emotional roller coaster trying to quit. Just like with quitting pills. So hard to see past the nose on my face sometimes. Waiting for the smoke to clear here...lol

Am I a drama queen? hmmm

--------------------

Posted: March 9, 2012, 1:23 PM
I'm telling on myself. I'm smoking again. Why can't I quit these? I was doing so good..just smoking the vapes, feeling ok, not craving and then bam. I'm buying a pack.

What is wrong with me?

--------------------
post replypost new topic