post replypost new topic
Day 6, Still Sad.

Posted: February 7, 2012, 9:08 AM
Good-Morning Guys! Im going on day 6, smoke free. I started cutting my patches in half so I guess Im down to about 3 and a half mgs. I feel a little crazy. Im sad all the time and when Im not sad I want to kill my family. This is not good. But I am still proud of myself and determined to see this through. I want to LIVE. I have enough things wrong with me, why would I add another health problem? Next, I have to start exercising. LOL! I really hate the thought, but me and my black lab are getting fat. Im gonna use the fact that I dont want him to die to get me moving. Hes getting old :( and I want to keep him as healthy as possible....and me too :).......now I feel like crying for no reason. See? Im going crazy. Im not a big cryer...now I feel like crying or screaming at someone all the time.
Have a Great Day!

Posted: February 7, 2012, 1:50 PM
Hang in there honey..this too shall pass. It took me about 8 to 10 days before I started feeling ok again. So glad you're going to the therepist..I think that will help immensly.

I started working out at the gym again..haven't been in months. I am so sore today that it's taking everything I have to get my butt dressed and go again. I'm 51 years old and need for there to be more in my life..starting with my health. Have to start somewhere and stop talking about it.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:03 PM
Hi jess! I just wanted to give you a shout out! Good job friend hang in there. I read your thread and then started to wonder what I was doing at day 6. I posted here nearly every day when I began this quit. So you can check it out if it helps. LOL! Damn its kind of funny because all those days seemed to go by super slow or full of anger or both. Then some where in there I would get one good day and I thought man I can do this. Then it was back on the roller coaster again. But I just stuck with it. In the morning I would pray that I made it through the day and the evening I would thank god I had made it. What a ride! There are also a ton of website to help. Including this one. Welcome. Keep comming back. I can't wait to see you progress. You can do this!

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:04 PM
Hey Jane! It's always so nice when you pop into a thread...I miss talking to you.

--------------------

Posted: February 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
Hey CG and Jane,
Thanx so much for responding. Its been hard today.
CG, so proud of you for going to the gym. Its hard for me. Its the people thing. They make me nervous.
Jane, thanx for your comments about praying. I have never prayed this much in my life. I KNOW I cant do this on my own. Im doing ok. I know it will get better. This just feels endless. :)

Posted: February 9, 2012, 12:10 PM
Jes. Ya you've already got the key. Its not endless. You just don't smoke today. Thats all its about. No matter who you are you cannot do it all at once. Sad days suck period. Thats if your smoking or not. Smoking wont cure what ever is ailing you. I figured that one out. I thought smoking made me calmer or just eased my mind etc.. But the truth I had to much empahsis on the smoke. IT did nothing but sit there and let me smoke it. LOL! You can do this how are you today?
CG- Hi friend. Good to see you too.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 9, 2012, 1:36 PM
It's true what Jane said. Just don't smoke for today. Don't think about tomorrow or how you screwed up yesterday. Just for today. I didn't beat myself up when I smoked one or two, I just started over. Today, I haven't smoked..but the day ain't over yet! But I got through my morning coffee and am now headed to the shower and gym. Stay busy, that's what's helping me the most. If I sit around, I start to get into my head and feel defiant or sorry for myself. Not working. Get up, move. If people make you nervous, take a walk outside. Just the act of getting dressed and walking out the door will make you feel better. I understand what you mean about the gym. I was so intimmadated when I first started going. All these little hard bodies running around and people who know eachother..I didn't know anyone. After one week, I know a few now and am really starting to enjoy this. I look forward to going and I certainly don't want to show up there smelling like smoke!

Hang in there darlin. Don't be sad. Be happy that you are trying to make a change.

--------------------

Posted: February 9, 2012, 2:35 PM
Thanks Guys :)

Posted: February 14, 2012, 1:44 PM
How are you doing Jessi? Are you still not smoking?

I'm hanging in there...I got the new one in the mail yesterday (vapor e-cig) and I'm happy to have it back. I had the inhaler while waiting for it to come and it didn't work as well..I smoked. I'm leaving Friday to see my grandkids in Alaska and am not taking anything with me except the vape cig. My grandson is going to be so happy. He hates smoking with a passion.

It's not hard to get these things, they even sell them at minimarts...

--------------------

Posted: February 14, 2012, 3:58 PM
Im doing really good. Today is day 4 nicotine free, no smoking, no patches. So I guess the physical withdrawal is just about over. I just have to watch out for my crazy thoughts.LOL!

Thats so exciting that your going to Alaska. When I was younger thats one of the places I wanted to live. I dont know why. I hate the cold. I just find wilderness very appealing. I also liked the fact that there's not a lot of people. LOL! I like deserts, like in New Mexico and Arizona and I like heavily wooded areas too. Im just destined to live out my life in suburbia surrounded by neighbors. "UGH!"

Posted: February 16, 2012, 1:28 PM
So, 6 days today? Good for you girlfriend! I haven't smoked anything except the vape cigs for a few days now and am comfortable with that. It's the lowest nicotine cartiridge they make. I'm a little snappy, a little crazy but my family is supporting this and letting me work through it. My youngest hasn't smoked for 3 weeks now and is my biggest fan....course, if he keeps this cheerleader stuff up, I'm going to kill him! lol It's irritating.

I leave tomorrow..so excited to see the kids but completely stressed over seeing the ex DIL. I just know she's going to pull something.

--------------------
post replypost new topic