post replypost new topic
What´s The Point

Posted: December 26, 2011, 5:49 PM
I have been reading the entire message board before typing this...Started smoking very early, like when I was 11. I cannot explain it any different then a interest in everything drug related. My parents working with rehab did not keep me away from the attraction of darkness/juckyness/blood/misery etc. And so I Tried everything before anybody of my friends, luckily I am also neurotic, melancholic, scared little rabbit; which made all drugs a turn-off. My fear to let go of control kept me safe from an addiction I guess. However, once I had a severe operation and got Morphine for the pain, I immediately understood it was the drug of my perfect fit. It gave me everything I ever wanted and took over like a thief inside me. Without thinking I would start taking, too much, whenever, also to steal it from a friend for some (probably super low %) cough drops.
However I got rid this addiction on my own and did not really think of it for 10 years. And dont miss it so no real junk problem to stop..

Now I am trying to kick the tobacco. First it felt exciting, to fight the power but now I don´t seem to remember why I wanted to stop in the first place. sure, it is typical addiction. Trying to justify why to continue. But I honestly cannot remember the point?

-Why is there an addiction in the first place?
-and is it not better to live the life like we seem built for (high, low, fast etc)?

Sorry if this is ABC stupidity for all you guys, still want to ask it. For me seem like all answers are so depressing.

Posted: December 27, 2011, 2:51 PM
Why is there addiction in the first place? Because of how we're wired. Both physically and mentally. Just a fact of life there.

What's the point? That's up to you to answer. I'm quitting because it's unhealthy and stinks. I want to be a good role model for my grandchildren and boys. It's expensive too. And just where do you think all of those harmless little butts go? They don't break down for years and leach out horrible toxins that run into our earth.

I will get on my soap box about this and maybe it will help me quit. Find some passion in something you believe in and make yourself believe it!

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
post replypost new topic