post replypost new topic

Posted: June 17, 2011, 10:04 AM
Went to the morning meeting after not being able to sleep. I don't think I got much out of it. Its usually quite spiritual for me. But I had to chair so most of the time I was on my own mind. I'm pretty frazzled, I told a story about a man whose daughter wanted to play with him when he got home from work one night. The guy was reading through a magazine there was a map of the world. He tore the page out of the magazine and tore it to pieces like a puzzle he then said here put this togeather when your done we will play. A couple of minutes passed and the girl brought the map back all put togeather. The guy says how in the world did you do that? The little girls said there is a picture on the other side of a man. Put the man togeather and the world will come togeather. That is what the twelve steps have been to me.
But I was so worried about sharing I don't think I heard one other thing. I hate that. Here I am. Trying to put myself back togeather.
Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: June 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Morning Jane,

Did you remember to pray before the meeting? I find for me, when I pray to be open, I can usually get the message. But for me, I have to pray otherwise I can go in without God & destroy a meeting in my own head....

Maybe you could give a newcomer a call & see how they're doing & really listen. Or, today, practice being open & listening, really listening to what each person that crosses your path is saying.

It's interesting, I'm practicing this because I've realized, for so many years, I don't know how to listen to people. I'm so busy in my head & thinking I know what they're trying to say that I'm not listening with my heart.

So, what does chairing a meeting mean for you where you live? Out in Calif, to chair a meeting means you're the speaker for 15-20 minutes but in Florida (where my BFF lives), they call chairing a meeting where you set up, call the meeting to order, yada, yada which is what we call being a secretary here.

xoxo

ps....Happy Friday~!

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 21, 2020, 10:31 AM
85. Well I had a sleepless night. I texted my son who is in a half way house. I didn't ever hear back. It made me crazy. I was just sharing at an Al-anon meeting Sunday how I had made such good progress with this "qualifier/motivator" That was obviously only for a minute that I was doing better. I always assume if I dont hear back he is on another runner or locked up some where. Wich is probably true. I guess the truth is I still have hope. So it wrecked my my hope & that is not on him-its on me. Bleh. So I am wrestling with that thought today for no real reason. It does no good for either one of us. The worry is just useless. Worst case scenerio is he is dead. If he is dead I would have probably heard by now. The others things-he has already done. Prison, problems etc.. I hate this feeling. I dont need to entertain it. God has this.
Went on a run this morning. Work today. Al-anon meeting tonight. Life is simple Good & Simple. Still SMober & Sober. Working on my 90 days and getting awfully close.
Much Love & Respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic