post replypost new topic

Posted: June 14, 2011, 10:24 AM
Ahhh. I remember why now. I went to my favorite meeting. The reading was about sobriety through both hard times and good. There was a lady who shared that had lost her granddaughter. And her son and his wife were drinking yager. She had almost a year sobriety. They all agreed that if there were a reason to relapse. All would give a free pass on that one. Then she explained to us, and herself. That she would then have to deal with both guilt and grief. And she wasn't going to do that. Hmm. I like. I have been going through some stuff that came to a head when I quit smoking/drinking. Almost immediately my son got booted from school for marijuana use. I had already been attending AA, I can't explain why, on almost any of it. But for some reason I had decided to stop smoking and things just fell in to place. God doing for me some grand thing that I would undoubtedly could never have figured out for myself. How did I land safely in to AA.? Today I stand it awe and gratitude for my friend(s) here for encouraging me to go there. I am so grateful I can hardly speak. Life is unfolding as it should. In good times or in trouble it is what you make of it. Today I remember why.
Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: June 14, 2011, 3:21 PM
You sound real good, Jane, at a place of acceptance & peace.

Keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be working.

xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 18, 2020, 5:19 PM
81. Woke up super early went on a long beautiful hike, run, walk with my running friends. Care
Home and took a nap. Now I’m just laying around. I’m still here SMober & Sober and grateful to be alive. No works today and my hubby be home tomorrow. Life is good.
Much love
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic