post replypost new topic

Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
Things I have learned today. Self appraisal with a sponsor can be paiful yet learning experience. Thank god my over the phone sponsor tells it like it is. Patience, you will learn it. Weather you want to or not. How you handle yourself while your learning it is character. No one is requiring me to figure things out. It is not a part of the solution. I don't know what God has planned. So as I am learning patience and tolerance I hope I find some grace. And forgiveness for myself as well as others. And understanding for myself and toehrs.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: June 10, 2011, 1:40 PM
How you handle yourself while your learning it is character. No one is requiring me to figure things out. It is not a part of the solution.

I like that, building character. My husband tells me that when we're walking through adversity, that we're working on building our character.

I didn't care about things like integrity, honesty, kindness, character when I was out there in active addiction, all I cared about was feeding my obsession. I was so self-centered that it's going to take years to change the old habits but today, one day at a time, if I practice the new habits, the new character building ways, use the tools the program has so freely given me and follow the steps to happiness, I do have faith I'll get there some day.

And Grace? Grace isn't something you get, it's something you accept.

smooches~

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 14, 2020, 10:28 AM
78 well how about those previous posts. It is a time of character building again, in so many ways. Going through some adversity with COVID although honestly Ive hardly been affected personally other than hitting meetings on Zoom rather than in person & not being able to visit my cute little boys. I miss them so much. Ive done a lot of facetiming with them. They are hilarious they dont get the concept of pointing the phone at whatever they are showing me. They have a lot of animals at thier house so they always show me Elvis the fish, Norman that hamster, Barrells, Layla the cats and each dog Tika, Romeo & Grace. Then every toy etc. Its so darn cute then they always ask at Some point if I can come to thier house. Wow. Anyway. I have been fortunate. The other thing I am going through is not finding a sponsor. My previous sponsor told me to find a face to face sponsor, then Gods like BAM! There are not F2F sponsors you are talking to everyone over the phone or on Zoom. My God is real funny. I got into some resentment over it. I just have to have faith maybe I am not meant to have a F2F sponsor. This was real God shot today. Love the words of wisdom that I wrote and the ones in the response. I can accept Grace & work on my character today.
Still SMober & Sober. A ciggarette sounded really good yesterday, I just prayed for the obsession to be removed. Here I am one more day.
Much Love & respect,
jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic