post replypost new topic

Posted: June 6, 2011, 10:38 AM
And I feel almost normal. I worked my fifth step with a new sponosor over the weekend. Then she had me go home and work the 6th and 7th. But we said the 7th prayer together before we parted ways. It didn't feel spiritual or special, she is a great lady, just not as intune and intouch with the feelings part as my first sponsor. The funny thing is that is probably what I need. I am usually pretty dramatic. I don't mean to be, it just feels that dramatic most of the time. So that is something I am working on. That and I realized how much I yell. YIKES. No wonder my son hot footed it out of there. Well that is another story all togeather. Anyway I seriously feel normal. And I am so grateful for that. I dont' feel all caught up in a spiritual cloud or so low that I think I will never get over what is happening. Just normal. THANK YOU GOD!! I hope it lasts. :) (now catch me on the next mood swing)

Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 10, 2020, 10:33 AM
74 thats funny... I had topic at my Zoom women's meeting last night. I shared a little about chaos and drama. The previous post I touched on how I feel things and I think I feel things more than other people. I dont know if that is true maybe it is. Today my feelings aren't facts and they dont have to lead my life. I can recognize them and interpret what they are trying to tell me. Yesterday I was a little sad and actually practiced pause.. and HALT. I decided to eat something decent and listen to something not sad and it it worked. Recognized I was all of thee above and I did something different. Back to the basics for me and it works. Its ok to be sad but I dont have to unpack and stay there. Stay in the solution as my first sponsor would say.
Im happy to be SMober & Sober. I have a solution and that in itself is a HUGE blessing.
Much Love & respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic