post replypost new topic
I Am Crazy!

Posted: June 4, 2011, 7:16 PM
I have quit smoking many times. The longest being 2 1/2 years. I dont know why I keep doing this. I use the patch, I quit, totally and then a few weeks or months go by and I do it again. I dont mean I use the patch all the time. I usually use it for a week or two then Im good. But I keep starting again. I hate it. And I love it. I guess that's why its so hard. The happiest time of day is when I get up, get coffee, cig and my book. I go on the back porch and its just so peaceful. This time Im having a hard time even with the patch. I smoked 2 yesterday, none today. Im miserable. I havent read my book or drank coffee today.

Posted: June 5, 2011, 5:38 PM
Hey Welcome! if it were easy everyone would quit. I had to put my hands over my ears and shout la la la!! While I read your post I have 73 days off of cigarettes and I can honestly tell you that souunded declisous. But I didn't have to act on the urge. WEll at least not today. Cigarettes are great and if I could have just one or just two *sigh* Sounds like heaven. But for me if I smoke one there is not goign back. I am one cigarette away from a pack a day. :)
I read somewhere that cold turkey is he only way to go. That is what I did. and well I got a nudge from my friend to work the 12 steps on it. So that is what I did. I am not cured but I haven't smoked in a while. For that I am grateful....

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic