post replypost new topic

Posted: May 21, 2011, 7:34 PM
boring day. Hard to not smoke. Its beautiful outside. I tried to go to a 3 o clock meeting and no one showed up?? Little strange. So I just came home. We barbequed steak and had some shrimp that was really good. But honestly who would have thought this day could be so dull. That is when it is toughest for me not to smoke. I even wanted a beer. :/ and I really don't even like to drink that much. I prefer pills. I would have done either smoke or drink today for sure but I didn't. Just delt with the dulldrums. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I can't even think of anything intresting to post.

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: May 22, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hey JJ,
Congratulations on day 58--now into 59!! one day at a time with this no smoking thing.
Have you tried blowing bubbles when you get a crave? The hand to bottle to mouth to blowing really mimic smoking but is much better for your lungs...and puffing on a straw was real helpful to me the 1st few weeks.
Its been 312 days for me..yes, I still count the days :) I still think about smoking but I realized that I am a nicotine addict and I will not smoke cigs anymore..I can't have one cause I want them all! Now, dammit if I could just get that attitude about pills and pot I would be a much more satisifed person..
You are doing great!!
Peace,
Dreamr

Posted: March 26, 2020, 11:44 AM
58. Still here still SMober. I have wanted one for sure when my hubby works out of town its is a little harder because that is when I would binge smoke. Im just hittin a ton of meetings (made easier by zoom) Got invited to a beautiful meeting on Zoom last night 28 women from all over the world literally. Austrailia, London, Etc.. Unreal. They all had beautiful accents and faces it was such a treat to see AA work around the globe. Then as far apart as we all are having a common problems, worries and also solution. Just amazing. In AA my world has just continued to grow. Its been a huge blessing. I am in love with Alcoholics Annonymous. Using the tools in all of my affairs gives me a life worth living no matter what the outside circumstances. God bless the woman who 12 stepped me into the rooms and it all started right here.
Much love & Respect, wash your hands, Social distance- but stay connected,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic