post replypost new topic

Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:19 AM
Seriously!! 50 days. Sounds like a miracle to me. I am here I am smoke free, alcohol free, drug free and soon to be free of ruling the world. If I work the steps right. I have a scheduled to meet with my F2F sponsor and do my 5th step and I am actually pretty excited. I want to know what it means to me to have worked the 12 steps with a sponsor. I don't think me and my sponsor are that tight but. I want to have this experience. Today I feel clear headed. Somewhat optimistic and ready to take on the day.

Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:21 AM
It was such a relief to me when I realized I wasn't general manager of the universe, but I didn't realize you were my successor...lol! Whew! That was heavy...

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: May 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
LOL!! * shaking my head * I'll tell you what Sandra, you left me a big job. I simply can't do it. I guess it's out of my hands.

Love you,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: May 13, 2011, 2:57 PM
Meeting today was about. ?? I guess it was about alcoholism. I could find no humongous "meaning" in the meeting today. They have just sort of become a guilty pleasure. To slip away at noon and go to as much of a meeting as I can get in before I need to get back to work. There was alot of fifth step and sponsor stuff. I just wanted to share cause I am liking AA and its working for my life. Right as I started AA I began to realize why I smoked so much and even drank occassionally. My life was not working for me. It was working for my kids and my x and most people around me but not for me. I am now chipping away at it. I am pretty happy today.
Love
jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: March 18, 2020, 6:06 PM
50’days. Got started with an. Earthquake literally!! 5.7 earthquake in Utah. It was a little scary I thought my husband fell in the shower and then it just kept going and going .. holy s***. Pandemic , earthquake and complete pandemonium. Then I just had to laugh and let go.. Gods hot something brewing. I just left and went to work as usual. Now I finally get to log on and the previous posts are about attempting to rule the world hahaha! As if I could this is a whole other level of let go. I simply don’t have a choice there is no normal anymore. I am forced to live day by day and just see what happens. We are not on forced isolation but it’s recommend we work and home. So I’m gonna keep going to work as long as I can it just let’s be more normal cause my anxiety has been over the top. I’m sure lots of people are. Anyways glad to finally check in to my little cyber space and celebrate my small victory amid a unbelievable amount of craziness.
Stay safe out there
Much love & respect- wash your hands, Jane

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic